Fation home and system resetting themselves

Reaction score
    Like the subject says, the space station that is my faction home, and the fact that I own the system both reset any time I live my home sector long enough for it to unload from memory. Other owned systems show up and work fine. I have over 10k faction points.

It is not an admin changing things as I'm the admin. I've also had it happen while I was online alone in the system, but far enough out that the sector unloaded.

I tried removing the faction block in the station and placing a new one. No help.

It had been working fine for the entire month that we've had the server. Just the last couple days that the faction home and home system reset.

Reaction score
    Is your home base in an orbital sector or does it cross sector boundaries?

-Runeseer

Reaction score
    Is your home base in an orbital sector or does it cross sector boundaries?
    -Runeseer
    It was next to a planet, so I'm guessing yes. And now that I think about it, it was roughly the same time I blew up the planet that this started happening.

Does this mean I need to move my station? Because I think I can figure out how to do that although I'd prefer not to.

Reaction score
    It was next to a planet, so I'm guessing yes. And now that I think about it, it was roughly the same time I blew up the planet that this started happening.

Does this mean I need to move my station? Because I think I can figure out how to do that although I'd prefer not to.
    I only ask because I have had issue with a server recognizing station location for a warp gate destination due to a station crossing a sector line. I assume if a server has issue with that, it may have an issue maintaining faction ownership.

Make another space station in a different (non orbital) sector and take control for your faction. That test may prove if your original location is an issue.

-Runeseer

Reaction score
    Just to follow up.

Moving my station to a new sector fixed the problem. The server now has no problem letting me keep my home.

So I guess my advice is: If you build your station in orbit around a planet, don't kill the planet.

Or, better yet, don't build space stations near planets.