Fation Block Replacement.

Reaction score
    I would like something to replace the faction module. The Lock Module. Basically you can have several settings: Enter Personal Signiture, Enter Faction Signiture, Reset Signiture. This is something small but i would love it. Say your the leader of a huge and popular faction on a popular server, you have almost 100 members and a huge home base. Now imagine you build a battleship. It has powerful weapons and all that. Now would you want some random person in that faction to come and fly your ship away. I know what your thinking, ``just rebuy in from the catatlog``. Well, what if catalogs are disabled on this server? I think having both settings on (so you can dock to faction home base), you wouldn't worry about a traitor taking your ship and destroying it. Along with this should come something where, when the Personal lock is On the docking module can't be taken. That way your faction members can't destroy it and push your ship to its destruction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is, make it so you do NOT use the same button to get in and out of blocks as you do to \"use\" them.

By doing this, you can allow using of ship cores or build blocks or other whatnot to bring up specialized menus for those blocks. Rather then require a special additional block that must be placed upon something.

For the ship core specifically, this menu could allow you to link ownership of the vessel to a specific player (i.e. yourself), and to select options regarding who you\'d like to allow usage of the ship (i.e. toggleable options for \"allow use by faction,\" \"allow use by neutral,\" etc).

Of course, putting this functionality into the build block as well will allow for stations and bases to be customized the same way a faction block would be required for previously, thus making the faction block completely unneeded.

Some level of \"smart detection\" may be necessary for build blocks however in this instance. That is, the build block will need to determine which options it may display based on the entity it is on, so as to prevent a ship from being set as a faction home for instance. Such detection could also set more invisible options, like preventing a build block placed on an asteroid or planet from being able to remove \"natural\" blocks more then 1 at a time (to solve the issue with people using them to mine planets).

Reaction score
    whats wrong with mining planets? and it would be a replacement of faction modules, but yea i think you explained it good

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even with this, if they are dicks they can still destroy it. I would ask for something simpler, additional button to faction blocks, a DNA lock which will lock it to yourself as the only one who can enter the core or build mode, but otherwise acts per normal.