failed to find framerate of video

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I can't join a game. at home menu it says: "IlligalStateException: failed to find framerate of video"
    and when I try to join a game I just crash.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    do you have plays.tv enabled?

or some sort of nvidia shield hardware like the tablet streaming or tv box streaming?

disable them both if you can. java's not a big fan of how a lot of the streaming software hooks in.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nothing connected to the pc no. Does a web server on my raspberry count?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I doubt it's trying to hook into java. It'd be like worry your microwave won't pop popcorn because the toaster is still plugged in. Sur eit has a power draw and might make the microwave lose power but it kinda has to be in use and on the same bus.

are you using the old loader or the new one?
    i think you might just need to force an update from within starmade. but just in case you should unload any custom skin.

OK you need to update. Your texture renders are borked and you need the update that also appears to replace the textures themselves. Tho the update requirement shouldn't affect offline single player.

Last edited:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    That worked for me. It was a out of date texture I'm sure of it. You certain you picked the bleeeeeeding edge newest release form the list? because find most recent might not work with matching version numbers. Gotta poke it manually.