Factory Improvements - RELEASED!

Reaction score
    LATEST COMPATIBLE STARMADE VERSION: 0.09378

I present to you Raok's Factory Improvements! I made this mod to fill in some of the holes left in the current system like the inability to manufacture Power Tanks and Docking Modules, recolor Hull blocks, and turn Hulls into corners/wedges. This mod will allow you to do ALL of that as well as tweaking a few existing recipes.

CHANGELOG:

Five new Factories made in the Schemadyne Advanced with the same template as the other factories - Bobby AI, Proton Reactor, Extra Material

Decolorizer - Salvage Cannon as Extra Material

Put in Colored Hull or Plexlights, Decolorizer strips them into Grey Hull/Plexlights and paint

Colorizer - PowerSupply Beam as Extra Material

Put in Grey Hull/Plexlights and paint, Colorizer makes them into Colored Hull/Plexlights

HullSplitter1/2 - PowerDrain Beam as Extra Material

Splits 1 hull OR Glass into two wedges - Only unpainted Grey Hull can be split or combined!

HullSplitter1/4 - AntiMatter Cannon as Extra Material

Splits 1 hull OR Glass into 4 corners or 1 wedge into 2 corners - Only unpainted Grey Hull can be split or combined!

AdvancedPress - AstroTechnobeam as Extra Material

Combines corners and wedges back into complete blocks with above ratios - Only unpainted Grey Hull can be split or combined!

Makes Docking Modules/Enhancers from Turret Docking Modules/Enhancers and Green Hull

Makes Power Tanks from Power Generator+SD3000 Capacitor

Changed Existing Recipes from suggestions of others

Removed Rock+Plextanium>Grey Hull because it was conflicting with Plextanium>SD2000 Flux Coil

Changed Science Bottle recipe to only require 50 Rock instead of 500

Doubled the output of Soil+Rock+Protein1000b>Grey Hull to 10 from 5 (I can revert this if people think 10 is too high)

Renamed Blocks

Renamed Science Bottle to Hardened Bottle at the request of Stakhanov who complained that "You can't bottle Science!"

Renamed Colored Lights to Colored PlexLights for consistency (i.e. Red light to Red PlexLight)

WARNING - THIS MOD ADDS 5 NEW BLOCKS - READ BELOW AND BACK UP YOUR StarMade FOLDER

1. If this mod is uninstalled while you have any of the new factories in your inventory - Your client will crash

2. If this mod is uninstalled while any of the new factories are placed on a station - The station will fail to load and be stuck as an invisible entity

3. If this mod is uninstalled while any of the new factories are placed in PlexStorage - Anyone who opens that PlexStorage will crash, if the plexstorage is destroyed, everyone in the sector crashes

4. To prevent the above from happening, before uninstallation or updating remove all new factory blocks from stations, plexstorages, and player inventories and remove them from your game. The easiest way I've found to do this is simply attach a plexstorage to a ship core, put all of the new blocks in the plexstorage, and then destroy the ship core with either cannons (and then waiting for the overheating countdown) OR targetting the core and using the admin command "/destroy_entity"

5. If you DO uninstall the mod without removing the new blocks, and something breaks, reinstalling the mod SHOULD fix things and allow you to remove the blocks.

BECAUSE THIS MOD ADDS NEW BLOCK ID'S. YOU USE THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK, ONCE IT IS INSTALLED I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT UNINSTALLING WILL NOT CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS.

Now that we're past the warnings, here's the mod itself!

The two .exe's are Self-Extracting 7zip files, just place the one you want where your StarMade Launcher is, run it, and press Extract and it will do the rest. SFI - Uninstaller will uninstall the mod and revert all changes back to the default settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/37uup83332lbgzc/JuB9MrEpEj

Reaction score
    I approve this wholeheartdly. And the lights are a thing I\'d love.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Installed it, ive been playing with it for an hour or two, and saw that the plexlights still cost a ridiculous amout of credits compared to lava, that also works in the same way, and looks cool too.

could you \"fix\" that?

Anyway, i hope this mod gets put into the game xD

\"You can\'t bottle science!\"

Oh, Stakhanov ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Great mod.

Video review here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfzVZmwmr4

Not being able to cut up coloured blocks is by design and something I had not tested before making the video, but it makes logical sense.

Reaction score
    Kowalski - changing prices on PlexLights is a bit beyond the scope of this mod, but I went ahead and made a seperate version of the mod for you with PlexLights at half cost. Is half enough? That brings PlexLights down to 350 for uncolored and 500 for colored (400 for PlexBeacon).Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5ixn4rk8cqvtpt/HalfCostPlexLights.exe

PhillipPassmore - Thanks for the review! I put a note in the OP that only grey hull can be split/combined. I can see how that would confuse them if they tried splitting colored hull.

The mod isn\'t done yet though! I have a few other things I would like to add like being able to \"drain\" color from terrain blocks (Red rock into rock and red paint, grass terrain into soil and green paint, etc) but I\'m waiting to talk to the devs about what their plans are with the factory system in the immediate future. I don\'t want to create a complex mod and have it become obsolete the next day.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I look forward to seeing your mod develop. It is a good idea to see what they are doing to the factories.

I wonder if all my factory lines are going to need fixing lol. Ahh it minecraft redstone updates all over again.

Reaction score
    Hey all, providing the devs don\'t release any major factory changes, I\'m going to get started updating the mod with some more recipes and a new factory! A few things to look forward to like splitting/combining glass (just realized I forgot glass when I went to make a ship with a glass dome) and converting Terrain blocks into useable materials (Grass terrain into grass patch for making hardened hull anyone?)!

Reaction score
    Mod is now updated to latest version of StarMade. Link in the main post updated to the new installer/uninstaller and a new folder was added to archive old versions.

NEW FEATURE: Plextanium Glass can now be split and combined just like hull and hardened hull!

Still planning on adding new recipes for terrain blocks.

Reaction score
    \"Removed Rock+Plextanium>Grey Hull because it was conflicting with Plextanium>SD2000 Flux Coil\"

If that\'s gone how do you make Grey hull?

Reaction score
    There has always been a second recipe to make Grey Hull. Rock+Sand+Protein 1000b. It\'s actually mentioned right below where I said I removed Rock+Plextanium XD

Reaction score
    So Beetle finally updated the Factories to a new system! Obviously this makes my mod obsolete but it\'s not the end. As I\'ve told people before, I\'m sure I\'ll find something I don\'t like about the new system so I might just end up adapting my mod with the new changes. Time to get factorying!