Factories and Storage questions.

Reaction score
    How do I make it so factories:

1) Pull raw materiel from boxes
    and
    2) Put manufactured parts into storage
    and also
    3) Move parts from a basic factory into a more advanced factory?

(I connect the boxes to the factories, and yet nothing comes in or out on each cycle.)

...Or has this ability not been programmed in yet? May I also suggest a message pops out from a machine (similar to the 'no power' message) for when an item is successfully crossed? So then we don't have to check each machine.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    How do I make it so factories:

1) Pull raw materiel from boxes
    and
    2) Put manufactured parts into storage
    and also
    3) Move parts from a basic factory into a more advanced factory?

(I connect the boxes to the factories, and yet nothing comes in or out on each cycle.)

...Or has this ability not been programmed in yet? May I also suggest a message pops out from a machine (similar to the 'no power' message) for when an item is successfully crossed? So then we don't have to check each machine.
    You can do all three. The control block pulls from the linked blocks. So let say you want the Cap Ref to pull from a drop off storage. C the Cap Ref, V the storage. Make sure the Cap Ref is active and it will pull what it needs/can as it needs it. I usually connect every factory to every other factory and required storage, and it works out.

Reaction score
    If you want to use logic to automate the deactivation process be aware that the updates currently only work when storage transfers to another storage. If you put an OR block next to a storage it activates when that storage has any item in it. You can use this to shut off a factory when it completes a product so you don't burn through all your goods. The problem is that when a factory, person, or computer place an item in a storage it will not update the logic so you need another storage between the two in order to trigger the logic and this adds a noticeable delay.

Reaction score
    You can do all three. The control block pulls from the linked blocks. So let say you want the Cap Ref to pull from a drop off storage. C the Cap Ref, V the storage. Make sure the Cap Ref is active and it will pull what it needs/can as it needs it. I usually connect every factory to every other factory and required storage, and it works out.
    Thank you Top Ace, that helped a lot. Thanks to you too Andir