Factionless player mining bonuses

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    You know the problem of system claim saturation and excessive one to two man factions?

I think part of that is due to factionless players needing to claim systems to get the mining bonus.

I feel that players with no faction should get the full mining bonus from empty space, and get very little from mining in factioned space - at the expense of not being able to use whatever "advanced" resource gathering systems we can have in the future, like resource extractors.

Reaction score
    i think it is more about the fact that factionless players can't have safe homebase, and that their ship can be stolen very easily.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    i think it is more about the fact that factionless players can't have safe homebase, and that their ship can be stolen very easily.
    No need to have a "safe" homebase if absolutely nobody finds out where it is.

Unfactioned players not using real "homebases" don't have to worry about people finding their base, unless the person finding their base is using some sort of major exploit, because homebases get their positions broadcasted to the server and normal bases don't.

Reaction score
    well... pirates ?

moreover, lonely players usually don't settle at 20 system from the spawn, they stay in 2-5 system range, where most of players and factions are already settled.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    well... pirates ?

moreover, lonely players usually don't settle at 20 system from the spawn, they stay in 2-5 system range, where most of players and factions are already settled.
    Because they have no reason to move further out.

Reaction score
    right, and that is why they have rather good chance to meet more experienced players, while they are on or offline, and a small beginning unfactionned ship is very easy to steal/destroy, as a very first not-homebase base and as it only need a few shots to destroy stores...

and there is still pirates, if they are active on the server, they would very easily destroy any starting base-ship, when the player is on or offline.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Pirates don't shoot unfactioned and offline ships, mate. <_<;

Pirates also very, very rarely spawn. The vast majority of pirate spawns are from when you shoot a pirate base.

Reaction score
    Pirates don't shoot unfactioned and offline ships, mate. <_<;

Pirates also very, very rarely spawn. The vast majority of pirate spawns are from when you shoot a pirate base.
    i have learnt something...

pirates spawns depends a lot on your server, a few month ago, i was in an MP server where patrol of 3 to 12 isanth/small player ship/turret ( ! ) happened a lot ( far from any pirate base ), while nowaday on another server, i have only met 1 patrol of 2 isanth near a shop.

still, the main problem, is that a factionless player can loose everything in a very few time, due to a random pirate patrol near his vulnerable base while he is building it, or just due to a not-so-kind other player which find this base and can easily steal the blocks in stores + the ship near it.

my own experience, in a rather small MP sever, is that my un-factionned un-docked test-ships ( small cubes of reactor/thruster/missiles tubes to test my cruiser's anti-missile turrets by ex ) are often stolen/destroyed, a few hundred meters from my homebase. ( i am not at war with anybody, so my base don't protect un-factionned ship in the area from other players ). if i didn't have made a faction and an homebase, i would have loose everything ( + it would have taken a longer time to have something, to stay in-topic ).

and my homebase is arround 8 system away from spawn. 2 system away from any other faction territory

Reaction score
    No need to have a "safe" homebase if absolutely nobody finds out where it is.
    That logic is a bit flawed. If you can find a place to hide your base then someone else can find it too. Especially if they're looking for a place to hide their base. The only way to make it reliably likely to remain hidden is to build it in single player, or go so far out you might as well have.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    That logic is a bit flawed. If you can find a place to hide your base then someone else can find it too. Especially if they're looking for a place to hide their base. The only way to make it reliably likely to remain hidden is to build it in single player, or go so far out you might as well have.
    Or to use the empty space between galaxies.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    How about this, unfactioned people make a god dam faction, make a home base, they can dock their ships, have protection, mining bonuses and no worries XD