Read by Council [FactionConfig] Setting to Allow the Acquisition of Territory with Negative Faction Points

Reaction score
    We have done a bit of tweaking with the vanilla faction config settings and have come up with a 'different' way to play pertaining to faction warfare.

With vanilla configs, the more players you have, the more FP (faction points) your faction obtains. With these FPs you can maintain territories.

We flipped that on it's side and made it so the more players your faction holds, the more FP you lose, but taking territory gives you FP. This makes taking territory a priority and creating unique battlefields around the galaxies.

The issue we are running into is the game is coded to stop factions from taking more territory if their FP go negative, their territories start being taken away and the game will refuse to allow any more territories from being taken by that faction.

We wish to allow players/factions to take territory during this time, so they can pull out of the negatives.

A single option in the configs (such as "AllowTerritoryOnNegative") would be a solution to this problem.

Thank you for your time,
    Vennex

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    You could give them faction-points with an admin command, so they can claim again.
    But the config option would be very useful.
    The funny thing is, I suggested nearly the same for the server I play on.
    The difference is, I would turn up the flatcosts and decrease the points earned by player. If you have enough players you could survive without territory.
    Also the serverside script would set a hardcap to the amount and give an additional use for FPs. (We have Votingpints,FPs would work the same way)

Reaction score
    While we wait for the option to be implemented, we will be using a "buying" system to test with.
    1 Bil credits = 1000 FP (something like that)

Edit: Only problem is an Admin will need to be present at the exact time someone needs to make a purchase, else they will lose too much FP and NOT be able to pull themselves out of the negatives. This is why we would like this option to be considered

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    While we wait for the option to be implemented, we will be using a "buying" system to test with.

Edit: Only problem is an Admin will need to be present at the exact time someone needs to make a purchase, else they will lose too much FP and NOT be able to pull themselves out of the negatives. This is why we would like this option to be considered
    Either that or a serverside wrapper, that executes the command on request.

Reaction score
    Good idea!

[DOUBLEPOST=1436377427,1436376474][/DOUBLEPOST]

Either that or a serverside wrapper, that executes the command on request.
    That is not a bad idea but I do want to stray from the idea of exchange all together. I would really like them to add the original suggestion so that factions won't need to 'buy' FP. We only need the exchange currently because if it didn't cost anything to get the FP, then we would have problems. In a perfect world, they will just be allowed to take more territory.

It's only be a matter of time before factions started abusing this exchange system and would not need to capture ANY territory if they had enough money. This would hinder our vision of what we originally wanted to do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    If we could buy our way into galactic power without show of force, this would be severely crippling the PvP aspect, which at this moment is already crippled. FP from what I understand can be earned from pirate and player killing, which lets face it, people will find a way to abuse that on its own, so lets not hand ammunition to the people to have galactic dominion, ruining everyone's fun and eventually leading to server death over this. I think if your fleet is strong enough, you should be able to conquer territory, but not through money. I am not saying money should not lead to power, because it will through the purchase of materials to make the ship, no I am saying it would be bad if literally a ghost player buys up the galaxy you start in.

Reaction score
    If we could buy our way into galactic power without show of force, this would be severely crippling the PvP aspect, which at this moment is already crippled. FP from what I understand can be earned from pirate and player killing, which lets face it, people will find a way to abuse that on its own, so lets not hand ammunition to the people to have galactic dominion, ruining everyone's fun and eventually leading to server death over this. I think if your fleet is strong enough, you should be able to conquer territory, but not through money. I am not saying money should not lead to power, because it will through the purchase of materials to make the ship, no I am saying it would be bad if literally a ghost player buys up the galaxy you start in.
    I completely agree, we tried to mitigate this by making FP:Credit exchange very hurtful. We also only allow the purchase of the points if the faction has negative points as of the purchase time. It still isn't ideal, but it works for now.