Faction skins for Crew members

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    So a simple sugestion here for player crew. what I would like to propose is a way to give ai crew members skins just as you would give your own player a skin. This could probally be done in a similar fasion to how ship blueprints are uploaded onto a server/sp world.

I feel that this would provide a better look and feel to your own personalized ship crew.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm actually hoping for a multiple/layered skin setup. I'm thinking 3 layers of skins.

The bottom layer is what you would have unfactioned, your Base skin. Pretty much anything you want. Let's take a Han Solo skin for the example.
    The next layer up is the Faction skin. Most of this skin would be transparent. But the 'pants', 'shoes' and 'shirt' could be colored in to be Black w/ white piping. You'd still have Han's face and hands visible.
    The third and final layer would be the Rank skin. Again, mostly transparent. But the the shoulders could have small indicators of your faction rank.

There are no actual limits to what is or isn't transparent. You could have Han as your Rank skin and it would over write both of the other skins. You could have your Faction skin just give everyone an eye patch and your Rank skin adds a scar, but leaves the rest of the Base skin visible. Or you could just leave Faction and Rank all blank and have no uniform at all.

Also, I know this is probably a bit over the top. This could mean uploading a skin for each faction and each rank within that faction. If faction divisions are implemented that could mean even more skins, a different Faction layer for each division.
    But if I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream big. ;) Who knows, maybe Schema will like it and ninja it into an update.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm actually hoping for a multiple/layered skin setup. I'm thinking 3 layers of skins.

The bottom layer is what you would have unfactioned, your Base skin. Pretty much anything you want. Let's take a Han Solo skin for the example.
    The next layer up is the Faction skin. Most of this skin would be transparent. But the 'pants', 'shoes' and 'shirt' could be colored in to be Black w/ white piping. You'd still have Han's face and hands visible.
    The third and final layer would be the Rank skin. Again, mostly transparent. But the the shoulders could have small indicators of your faction rank.

There are no actual limits to what is or isn't transparent. You could have Han as your Rank skin and it would over write both of the other skins. You could have your Faction skin just give everyone an eye patch and your Rank skin adds a scar, but leaves the rest of the Base skin visible. Or you could just leave Faction and Rank all blank and have no uniform at all.

Also, I know this is probably a bit over the top. This could mean uploading a skin for each faction and each rank within that faction. If faction divisions are implemented that could mean even more skins, a different Faction layer for each division.
    But if I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream big. ;) Who knows, maybe Schema will like it and ninja it into an update.
    The idea is well thought, but I think it's much too soon for something like this. Actually the crew can be applied one skin that remain the same for all the server, so that would be a big step forward to be able to choose a specific skin for crew, or for a faction's crew. And would not need too much development time IMO