Planned Faction security

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am suggesting another permission block, a faction member perm. block.
    this block is placed by a block (ie stash, faction block, dock etc.) when selected, (r). a player name can be added giving that player the right to use that module. So each player could have a "locker" to keep their things. As it is right now we have 5 classes, only the founder has the right to keep their stash to them selves. every other upper class player can pillage the lower class players.

Also perhaps some thought could be put into creating a coalition block, so factions can band together and actually use each other docks and doors.

Reaction score
    It's nice to be able to give out different rights on one entity but i don't think we need another block for that. It should be enough to simply extend the abilities of the existing permission block.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Schema already said the permission system will be expanded, the one we have now is just to stop low members stealing titans.

Also, why shouldn't a high ranking member be able to access a low ranking members stuff? What if they some how steal a blueprint that is nearly done. They could put it in this chest only they can access, and that would be stupid.

Reaction score
    we do need a better way to handle newbies screwing other newbies... i recruited about 5 people yesterday and one of them scrapped 2 big ships of other newbies...quite unpleasant. perhaps allow only yourself and anyone above you, or include such a feature.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema already said the permission system will be expanded, the one we have now is just to stop low members stealing titans.

Also, why shouldn't a high ranking member be able to access a low ranking members stuff? What if they some how steal a blueprint that is nearly done. They could put it in this chest only they can access, and that would be stupid.
    The founder of the faction still has control over all. If a theft was made the founder would have access everything.

Reaction score
    we do need a better way to handle newbies screwing other newbies... i recruited about 5 people yesterday and one of them scrapped 2 big ships of other newbies...quite unpleasant. perhaps allow only yourself and anyone above you, or include such a feature.
    There should be an option to lock his own ship/chest towards other players, even if they are in the same faction. maybe the faction admin could open all chest/use all ships, but not every higher rank.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    It's nice to be able to give out different rights on one entity but i don't think we need another block for that. It should be enough to simply extend the abilities of the existing permission block.
    I agree. make the permission block activatable with r and have an owner adding options,. like the shop does.

Reaction score
    There should be an option to lock his own ship/chest towards other players, even if they are in the same faction. maybe the faction admin could open all chest/use all ships, but not every higher rank.
    indeed, growing as a faction is risky business, specially since people can just join with different nickname, join a faction and screw any level four ships.

Reaction score
    I would like to offer a change to this.

There needs to be a way to add a password as we came across that people can access starmade demo accounts which with the proper permissions have unfactioned and disassembled entire fleets of capital ships and stations. 7 50-150k mass ships gone while we were logged out, when one of our members logged in he was spawn camped by my ship with 40million shields, 20+ turrets and a metric s*** ton of weapons. There needs to be a password system to get around this.

OR have a password upon logging into the server with your account.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425321384,1425321298][/DOUBLEPOST]

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to offer a change to this.

There needs to be a way to add a password as we came across that people can access starmade demo accounts which with the proper permissions have unfactioned and disassembled entire fleets of capital ships and stations. 7 50-150k mass ships gone while we were logged out, when one of our members logged in he was spawn camped by my ship with 40million shields, 20+ turrets and a metric s*** ton of weapons. There needs to be a password system to get around this.

OR have a password upon logging into the server with your account.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425321384,1425321298][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The servers have this option already. Mikes server require a starmade account in order to play.