Faction Point Rework

What do you think?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Ok so there are those who want to PVP and those who dont. So this idea is designed to help those who are new to a pvp server not get destroyed. But keep the larger factions on their toes. And making late game pvp a thing. IE no 100% invulnerable bases, there is a way to take it over.

- No faction points.
    - Home base protection is based off members and claimed systems.
    If you have a 1/1 ratio of members to claimed systems or better your home base is 100% protected. So say you have just yourself in your faction and you claim one system for yourself. Your home base cannot be damaged. Say you have 5 players and 10 systems, you are good too, but if someone starts taking your systems away from you and you drop down below 5 systems your base is now vulnerable to attack.

- Home bases get defensive buffs based of their ratio of members and claimed systems.
    So say you have 2 members and only 1 sector you are at 50% so your base gets a 50% damage reduction buff on attacks against it. This makes it so the larger your faction is, the more it punishes you for not controlling enough systems.

- Delayed system claiming.
    There is a 10 minute delay between each time you personally can claim a system. If there are 2 players in your faction you can both claim a system at a time.

- Delayed home base protection.
    If your home base is not currently invulnerable, it takes 10 minutes for it to become invulnerable after taking the required sector amount.

- The ratio of claimed systems to count for home base protection must be directly connected.
    Say your home base is at 1,1,1 and you claim some system at 123,34534,234 that system wont count for your home base protection.

- Max claimed amount of sectors per member.
    Say you have one member you can claim up to 2 sectors, if you have 2 members you can claim 4 etc etc in intervals of 2.

- Claimed system buffs.
    1. Mining buffs and nerfs based off alliance.
    2. When any non faction member enters a claimed system it notifies all online members with the coordinates.
    3. Money for destroying hostile faction ships in claimed systems.
    4. Suggestions?
    That's the general idea, tell me what you think.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    but if someone starts taking your systems away from you and you drop down below 5 systems your base is now vulnerable to attack
    Yeah, I don't need to read anymore. If I'm losing I become vulnerable to lose more? What's the point of having invulnerability at all? Oh right, it keeps all your hard work and effort from being destroyed by some dick. PVP can be fun. Scorched earth arrangements just lose players and shut down servers.

Hate it. Moving on...

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Schemes like this that try to balance things to player counts are bad, and tend to just encourage one-man factions. What is the use of joining someone else's faction when you both just end up more vulnerable for doing so?

Reaction score
    Schemes like this that try to balance things to player counts are bad, and tend to just encourage one-man factions. What is the use of joining someone else's faction when you both just end up more vulnerable for doing so?
    I think I agree, I am going to think this out and do some design changes to this idea.