Faction Permission: Visitor's Pass

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    When friends come to your base to visit, or a new 'Prospect' wants to tour a base (if they are considering joining the faction):

Faction Permission block to include a 'visitor-pass' rank. This rank could be filtered such that visitors could use doors & lifts, medical supplies etc. without granting access to storage or sensitive systems. Before anyone says "ya but but you can use one of existing faction-ranks for that" let me 'splain.

The idea here is to have a temporary/revolving short list that does not affect existing faction-ranks and members.
    If your visitor turns out to be a spy or otherwise dangerous their visitor status can be revoked instantly without affecting any faction members.

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've often wished for this to let visitors roam around my base. It would be handy if it could be time restricted.

Another feature I would like, that could be pushing the envelope is to have them transport tagged the same way the transporter beacon. That way, you could designate a transporter to send them to on the outside of restricted areas.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Saber can we have this as equipment!?
    I'm not sure if that's something I'd want to do, if you trust someone to roam around best to just set them as an ally or something. Could maybe be a permission thing, but not likely a piece of it's own gear.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I'm not sure if that's something I'd want to do, if you trust someone to roam around best to just set them as an ally or something. Could maybe be a permission thing, but not likely a piece of it's own gear.
    To clarify. I did not envision this as an item to be carried around by the visitor. More like block-based 'white-list' to enter the names of visitors. I also really like https://starmadedock.net/members/lone_puppy.454575/s idea about using this list to 'space' an unwanted visitor from wherever they are into open space (or as one of the MC mods provided: a predetermined "jail" location).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I think it would be cool if it was a physical keycard the visitor had to carry, and the keycard would expire/decay based on either time or number of uses. Single-use keycards could be fun, or you could give a day-pass to your visitor. It also would make espionage and subterfuge more interesting as enemy factions attempt to slip in as visitor and hope to find an unsecured stash of visitor keycards they can steal to let their buddies in.

(Bonus points if the keycards look exactly like the ones in Doom.)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    (Bonus points if the keycards look exactly like the ones in Doom.)
    Doom does have a good key card system. That would be neat.

I wonder if you could create a card as equipment that acted like a display module containing a pre entered [password] that a logic sensor circuit could then check against.

Reaction score
    I know its been suggested alot, the alliance permission block or even setting faction permission blocks with rank clearance.

Ive personally had someone come into my alliance and start chewing thru my own resources. He did it when i was offline and i was lucky that i had caught him in the act when i relogged in. I understand that its all a trust issue, but if there isnt any easy way to protect from leechers and stealers then the game will be doomed to 1man factions and small bands of co-ordinated players.

I can garantee that this game is better played together, grouping up creating zoltron ships and fleets, controlling huge sectors of spaces and so on.
    The only thing needed is the ability to protect your gear like the personalized function so like the above said, when recruiting new players you can log off in safety knowing that you arent going to be taken to the cleaners.