Faction Modules. how do you break them?

Reaction score
    Hi All!
    First post, from a nube.

First I'd like to say thank you to the Developers, I love this game!

I've been playing for a about a week on a single player server to figure out how to play the game a bit before I go onto a live multi player server.

Now to my question, I took out all the turrets on a pirate station, found the faction module and spent about 25 min shooting at it and could not break it. How do you break these things?

I have read a ton of stuff from several wikis and watched several videos and can't figure it out.

Reaction score
    You need a weapon that does at least 100 damage per hit, so a standard issue laser pistol will not work. You also have to have the shield down so without a ship using a shield drain beam, you have no chance. But damage is reduced to the point where each 100 points of damage only gives you 1 point damage to the faction block, so without a decent damage output it will take a little time. Mostly I have taken to marking them by parking a core next to them and cutting through the hull with my ship using a beam that does ~800pts. per tick, when I am trying to destroy it without leaving a huge hole where the block was.

Reaction score
    Thanks guys!

Looks like I need bigger guns on my ship I can trash the shields easy enough I just need to hit the module harder.

Reaction score
    Wrong, normal damage damages shields too, you just need more damage than the shield can regenerate under fire.
    That is a very help-desk answer. Technically correct, but totally useless. You cannot do more damage to a pirate station with a standard issue laser pistol, than it can regenerate.

And nitpicking over if you could destroy a building with bee bee gun is just absurd.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    That is a very help-desk answer. Technically correct, but totally useless. You cannot do more damage to a pirate station with a standard issue laser pistol, than it can regenerate.

And nitpicking over if you could destroy a building with bee bee gun is just absurd.

With a laser pistol? Yeah, no. You get a real gun - like a sniper rifle.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Right, or a rocket launcher yes, but my example was with a standard issue laser pistol.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425572307,1425572199][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Didn't read that, sorry.

The closest thing I can think of is spawning a core with a disintegrator on it next to the faction module, then shooting the disintegrator with the pistol - but that'd rip out a sizeable chunk of hull with it.

I really think faction modules should have armor bypassed by infantry weapons :|

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I believe the Beam Rifle and Rocket Launcher are powerful enough to deal damage to the faction module. Laser pistol is not.

Beam/Pulse is decent at taking out faction modules with relatively few blocks and without destroying all the blocks around the module, but it has a 30 second reload time, so it may take a while.