Faction Lock

is this a good idea

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    Currently there is no way to protect your ships, containers, bases, etc from... your own faction members I believe a good and simple solution to this would be to make it where through using Faction Blocks you can limit what a member can use by rank.

say I have my flagship docked and the only people in my faction who can get into the core is people who are rank one or higher whereas a small fighter can be used by rank four or higher

by doing this we could prevent the constant threat of our fellow faction members stealing our blueprints.

also we could em place a lock on the containers that can only be overridden by a player of a certain rank in said faction. this is so a high ranking member can place items in, or if needed take them out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pretty sure the Faction Permission block already does this, though I'm not sure if it's still ingame/used.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    no it cant...

It just allows people OUTSIDE of the faction to use the blocks it touches, rather than setting a minimum rank.

However 1 good way to do this would be not leaving valuable stuff in high traffic places... almost seems like common sense.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    There was a faction hub block for doing that once. But it was removed for reasons nowhere to be found.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I think most factions have been in need of this from when the factions first arrived.
    At least after one faction started to implement spies into another.
    I know at least that I have been wanting this old idea for a very long time.
    And I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented in the game soon.

An emperor needs to be able to control his minions >: D

Reactions: Njord

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You can use logic to build death-traps if somebody not enters a password.
    Last time I checked logic also triggers if you add/remove adjacent blocks.

I think a single permission-level number is not sufficient and we should not bother implementing this before thinking about a faction structure setup in general.

> The doctor is allowed to suspend the captain from duty - but only for medical reasons.
    > The captain is allowed to imprison the doctor for cloning mass-extinction viruses, but the crew would not accept a captain imprison peoples for no reason.

Both are above the other, jet a different category and the faction system needs to represent that.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Pretty sure the Faction Permission block already does this, though I'm not sure if it's still ingame/used
    yeap,Faction Permission block can do that
    both of you, the faction premission module allows some one outside your faction to access what it is touching making it possible to create public docks, factories, build blocks, cores etc etc play on online for a bit to find this out ;)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    no it cant...

It just allows people OUTSIDE of the faction to use the blocks it touches, rather than setting a minimum rank.

However 1 good way to do this would be not leaving valuable stuff in high traffic places... almost seems like common sense.
    both of you, the faction premission module allows some one outside your faction to access what it is touching making it possible to create public docks, factories, build blocks, cores etc etc play on online for a bit to find this out ;)
    I see no redundancy, do you?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It should also do that though.

Shame this wasnt already in-game. Makes in game ranks utterly useless except for honorary stuff and basic classification

Rasor1911

Abusing Stealth since the dawn of time
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This seems like a very easy fix,
    All that needs to be added is a GUI to the current permission block. On it it can have "access settings" to whom can use what the block is connected to. For example i can have a block on all my Gravity Units and have then set to anyone. But my personal chests can be set to Member Rank 4.

Reaction score
    All that needs to be added is a GUI to the current permission block. On it it can have "access settings" to whom can use what the block is connected to. For example i can have a block on all my Gravity Units and have then set to anyone. But my personal chests can be set to Member Rank 4.
    pretty much it cant be to hard to do it.

Reaction score
    hell copy the display box's text function onto a permission block, and it checks a player, THEN a faction name. add a button that changes the list between "allow" or "deny".
    so lets say bob2 is a player, who is faction Rulrs.
    you could set the name to bob2... and deny that player exclusively, or allow... if the same field had Rulrs, it would check the player list, fail, and check the faction list. upon finding it, it would act accordingly... allowing or denying access as programmed...
    of course, ONLY the owner could set it's permissions. this is to prevent a vindictive faction admin from setting someones box to public. won't stop them emptying it if they are on the list however...

Reaction score
    Also, you should be able to set your own ship to only be accessed by yourself. Also, you should be able to add players to a list, and anyone on that list (even if it's outside the faction) should be able to access it.

Reaction score
    Also, you should be able to set your own ship to only be accessed by yourself. Also, you should be able to add players to a list, and anyone on that list (even if it's outside the faction) should be able to access it.
    that seems better I know some people in my faction would not mind if another faction member used his ship though a lot would want to keep there ships to themselves

Reaction score
    that seems better I know some people in my faction would not mind if another faction member used his ship though a lot would want to keep there ships to themselves
    The blueprints are a valuable resource, mostly if talking about smart-buit ships. And since the money are not a problem for most of the people, at least this should be a thing!

Reaction score
    Looking back on this post its almost exactly what schema made.