Faction Home Inside of Sun

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    But can you leave it with your ship without getting killed before exiting the sector?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is a good point building a station is one thing, but being able to actually use it is another. Your efforts are commendable, keep up the good work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    When your ship starts melting, it tells you to hide behind natural cover... Does that mean if you encase the sun, or at least fly with it occluded by your station would your ship be okay?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    just build a massive corridor from your station out of the sun to keep your ships safe well they enter and leave.

Reaction score
    I don\'t know this sort of stuff, but wouldn\'t the station start to melt?

Reaction score
    I think the station will be protected if it\'s a faction home on a server, but on SP sandbox.. the base would probably melt.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well First. You and your ship does not melt if inside of space station even if un-docked. Second, Why I don\'t do this anymore is because I have alwyas get a bug that does not let me join to server anymore. I have tryed to do space station in 3 diffrent server, but everytime I have always get that same \"black screen of dead\" bug when trying to join that same server. I have sent some bug reports, but nothing have happened tho. so thats one main reason why u won\'t do space station inside of sun. Third. Only what makes your stuff melt is that \"sun light\" not that sun itself, So everything what is behide Natural objects like \"space station\" are safe.

Reaction score
    I really have to wonder how you managed that, especially the part where you had to have floated unprotected within the sun long enough to set up a base and then set faction home. Or did you...

I can think of 2 ways that this might be possible. Both require a command from the admin.

Firstly, build your base elsewhere (likely in the center of a sector), enter build mode of that base, and then /change_sector to the sun. Suppose that might do it. Otherwise, would setting the sun as a protected sector stop you from taking solar damage? It\'s meant to stop all, so I\'d assume so, though I think in both instances you\'d still get the popup spam from being there.

Reaction score
    There is a massive bug that sun damage does NOT affect astronauts. If you get out of a ship before the core melts, you can fly around in there forever.

Reaction score
    I think the one problem with living in 888 is that the glare from the sun at that proximity is insanely bright. Turn the wrong direction and bam, you get a retina bleaching.

Reaction score
    I\'m obviously exaggerating, but the brightness can still be piercing and almost painful.