Faction funds, clearance, block fixes, and more

Reaction score
    I like the idea of rarer resource as a general improvemnt of the game. But why would I expend the credits/resources/time to establish a base in a mineral rich sector when I can mine it and be gone in 5-10 minutes? If maybe asteroids respawned? OR if salvaging was changed to where you actually had to mine through all that rock and dirt to get to the rich ore and have this be a very tedious labor intensive pursuit?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    YES

great ideas, this encorages bigger and better organized factions witch is awsome. They also solve some anoyying problems.

keep up the good work

Reaction score
    The cake is not a lie, all you have to do is a bit of testing... You monster. Portal FTW

Reaction score
    Contested border.... Good. Incentives would be like real life. No room if you get surrounded and the fact that they are right next to you should make you want to close the gap, so you can have a solid border. They know where you are and are right next to you. Suspitions should naturally rise.

Reaction score
    I still would like to have a non-militaristic incentive for having close borders.. Perhaps.. some type of module or mechanic that can be placed within the neighboring area that would allow the two factions to trade? I suggested this idea in my thread twice:

http://star-made.org/content/new-game-mode

But I think its good enough to mention again... And seems more relevant here anyway... If factions could trade actual assets such as ships/planets/bases/territory? Then maybe, should you establish a close border, the trading could be expedited somehow? OR you could somehow block trade routes? Like laying siege to a sector?? Hmmm i quite like that...

Ideas? Thoughts?

Reaction score
    That sounds very good. You might want to be near friendlys for trade, or being able to sell relevant territory, and to prevent a dangerous route with a possible ambush, as well as other factions.

Reaction score
    By the way, anyone wanna join my faction? If so, get skype and add me, my ID is kaelum.duong

Reaction score
    Thanks for the positivity. I also think Schema needs to at least look at the idea anyway.. I think its actually pretty good.

Reaction score
    Definitively good Ideas.

If I might add my personal suggestion:Code lock

If someone wants to sell the ship he just puts an codeblock on it which locks the ship with an customizable password.If someone blows up the core before blowing up the codeblock energy weapons and engine explode.

This would also make the ship immovable and allows (a little bit) in battle shield regeneration so a big faction could still destroy ships but they would not profit from it allowing trading guilds to be relatively safe.

Reaction score
    Sorry for outdated OP, clearance blocks could allow specific individuals also. But why make the other stuff explode? That would make it a bit OP, and would take a lot out of raiding, which could make starmade TOO peaceful. Don\'t get me wrong, good idea, but people forget codes and clearance would be better, as clearance could let the owner add clearance within his vessel by adding one or more of his crews ign names for each door. Also, shields ALREADY regen in battle. Plus, you might as well remove weapons from the game if you think that will make people happy.

Reaction score
    Yes, I can, but do not ask unrelated questions in the thread. Contact me via skype, my id is: kaelum.duong

Reaction score
    + infinity Awesome idea, i think the faction trades would encourage alliances, especially if you have 2 factions right next door to each other. I also dig the idea of having allied factions on either side, so everyone could watch each others backs.

Reaction score
    The ideas to have a trade route connected via territory is so good.

But then, the idea to \"Siege\" or \"Freeze Assets\" of a trade route by contesting the territory it passes through, that is amazing. I cannot get over how cool of a system that would be.

Gonna pay more attention to this thread, so much good could come from it.

Reaction score
    Sorry i havent posted here in a few days. Been occupied with life. At any rate @kaelum i was asking if i joined your faction do you play on servers which allow local blueprint uploads. Sorry for the delayed reply. PMing me would help me respond faster.

Reaction score
    I was gone for a long time, sorry for the wait. New ideas coming soon.