Faction Asset Tracking Navigator (I call it FATNavi)

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Anytime you place a faction block and apply your faction signature to it the vessel or facility gets recorded to a pull down list of navigation destinations. This should include ships in use as they travel. All members of the faction have access to the same info unless a system were devised to also assign a privileged list. This would only allow members trusted by the faction leadership to see certain ships and stations. Allies would also be able to see each other's home bases and maybe a few other assets if given special permission. All of this would have to be used with extreme caution. Faction and Alliance craft and bases should appear green. Any structures or vehicles under attack should appear red And lastly a ship with a destroyed faction block would be greyed out and its last know position would be listed. A destroyed ship in overheating status should be removed from the list.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Really neat idea but I have two suggestions
    1) Instead just a list why not be able to view this on a map
    2) A ship being attacked should flash or be a different color besides red since that color represents the enemy in the nav

Reactions: Calbiri
    Reaction score
    Rank based veiwability would be nice,
    on the map for sure,
    and freindly ships under fire could show as green icons with a flashing red border?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    @jzimmerman4
    The pull down would be much easier to implement right away. A map or 'space topography' might be shoe horned in later but for folks on machines with performance issues the last thing we need is the UI to turn wibbly wobbly. So a fall-back setting to not use the 3D UI and rely on the flat version instead would have to be in there.

The only thing that will show up in the pull down are friendlies in your faction. So them flashing read should make aiding them a priority. But like Calbiri said the green with red boarder might be better.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't get involved much in factions but this seems like a good idea.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    FATnavi =

A bit more serious now; Sounds like a good idea, but I am not sure whether shield damage would also be detected by such a system? Even auto-retaliation does not do that.

Regardless of that, it's still an awesomely interesting suggestion, and would greatly enhance tactical play between factions.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Considering that shield damage now has a recharge bonus I would say yes. If the game has a variable awarding the bonus then the presence of the bonus would alert anyone looking at the menu of the fact that specific ship is under fire.

@FunnyBunny14 You left an 'Old' rating. Do you have a link to the original suggestion? There might be useful ideas there that need to be seen again.

Last edited: