F3 Fixed

Reaction score
    ...What? What did f3 (I assume you mean the key) do?

Either way, glad you're...uh...happy? I think?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    ...What? What did f3 (I assume you mean the key) do?

Either way, glad you're...uh...happy? I think?
    See this was the issue. F3 showed all entities locations, including players. So someone could "track" people down. It would be an effort, but technically it's an exploit. Not a lot of people even knew about it and even some server admins forgot it was a thing. It wasn't a big deal really but people flipped their shit here and on reddit. These people also thought that a player would be easily able to grief a server with their starter credits. So I didn't take them seriously. I guess that menu is gone now though?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ah right F3, the key nobody knew about until someone started posting angry messages about it...
    Oh well, another 'problem' solved. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    See this was the issue. F3 showed all entities locations, including players. So someone could "track" people down. It would be an effort, but technically it's an exploit. Not a lot of people even knew about it and even some server admins forgot it was a thing. It wasn't a big deal really but people flipped their shit here and on reddit. These people also thought that a player would be easily able to grief a server with their starter credits. So I didn't take them seriously. I guess that menu is gone now though?
    Oh snap! I remember someone getting mad over it, calling the game crap etc. Still, it shows how much the game is cared for, in that it was quickly fixed.

wat

Reaction score
    These people also thought that a player would be easily able to grief a server with their starter credits. So I didn't take them seriously
    Maybe not starter credits exactly, but within an hour or two of starting it was easily possible to grief the whole server. (Dependent on server settings)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Still sounds like it was an issue on a poorly managed server that probably still used buy-with-credits, has a lot of weakass pirate, or has alot of pre-BP update stuff just floating around. Just saying.