Extreme graphics chugging when blocks are destroyed

Reaction score
    Since the debris update I've had my game slow to extreme proportions when I generate a large amount of debris. The game slows to the point of freezing, then after a bit it returns. It seems all debris disappears after the freeze subsides. The game has always returned after awhile though. I haven't had to force close the game yet. I try not to generate too much debris though. Also this seems to happen only when multiple blocks are destroyed at once. I don't have any graphic chug when breaking blocks with individual laser beams

Anyone else going through the same thing? Also is it possible to turn debris off? I looked through the game setting but I couldn't find anything.

Reaction score
    You can turn debris off by going to the in-game options and turning 'Debris Lifetime' to 0.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    After some testing my pc starts freezing once I kill around 40-50 blocks or more in 1 volley.
    Using effects like punch through makes it worse. Debris still needs to be optimized for larger numbers, the amount of debris isn't the problem, it's the amount of collisions it gets on creation.