Extension to the Logic System

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey all!

I don't know about the rest of you, but there are times I wish I could do more with the logic system than just open and close doors, and flip lights. The factories are a good start, but that doesn't do much for regular ships....

SO. I propose some small additions to the logic system in general that I think would add a new dimension to building with logic systems. Some of these ideas have already been suggested in various forms before, but I think this would be more uniform and cohesive than previous ideas, so I'm suggesting it separately. Here's the rundown:
    • Any blocks that have a status of some kind should output a signal. I.e. weapons computers could produce a "high" signal when they are firing, or during fire+reload.
    • Engine blocks produce a high output when in use.
    • Generator blocks produce a high signal when recharging
    • Capacitor blocks produce a high signal as long as they are holding a charge.
    • Slaving any system block to an activator (such as engine blocks, shield/power generators and capacitors, weapon blocks, etc) allows you to turn those blocks on or off with that activator.
    • i would like to see area sensor controller blocks not require an activator block to output a signal. The sensor controller should output the signal on its own.
    There's not a lot to this suggestion, bit i think it would allow for a lot of interesting automation and effects for all the things!

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    I like the idea that we could have specific blocks for each thing, so we could theoretically have a "weapons room" with buttons to fire missiles or turn on turrets. You could have multi-person crewed ships that actually mean something. By extension, we might eventually be able to assign an AI crewmate to a button or trigger and get them to press it.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    One thing that I think would be good is the ability to control jump drives with logic. It would sure save my finger. Even if we could only charge the things with logic and had to activate jump manually, I'd be happy. I'd be happier yet if we could activate them too. Warp cruise.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like the idea that we could have specific blocks for each thing, so we could theoretically have a "weapons room" with buttons to fire missiles or turn on turrets. You could have multi-person crewed ships that actually mean something. By extension, we might eventually be able to assign an AI crewmate to a button or trigger and get them to press it.
    That is my thinking as well. My ultimate hope/goal would be that within Starmade if you build your ship carefully enough, you don't actually have to get into the core to operate it.

One thing that I think would be good is the ability to control jump drives with logic. It would sure save my finger. Even if we could only charge the things with logic and had to activate jump manually, I'd be happy. I'd be happier yet if we could activate them too. Warp cruise.
    Yes. Definitely do want.