Extending Hangar Platform with Blast Door Protection

Reaction score
    I'm pretty new to using logic on my ships + stations but I was trying to construct a ship with a small rail platform for a small shuttle to extend out from the bottom of the ship in a downwards direction. However, I wanted to outfit this with a blast door on the main ship for more protection.

My issue is that I can't seem to find a way for one button press to open the blast doors and then extend the platform, but have the same button retract the platform and then close the blast doors (with a four second delay to allow the platform to fully retract). I've experimented heavily with flip flops but what always seems to occur is that the platform will go down (or up) then the blast doors will close prematurely or else the rails will be stuck changing directions in a loop. Sometimes even both occur.

Is there anyway to do what I've been attempting to build? I copied a really old video from Bench about reversible logic doors but I ran into the issue of getting the rails to change directions and having the delays set properly.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    try and upload some pictures so we can better help but it seems theres conflicts in the timing.

try and tie the blast door opening/closing to the platforms position on the rail. placing a activation module next to a rail will allow any rail entity to trigger it when it passes over that rail block.

perhaps have it so it only triggers when the platform is at the top of the rail line (inside the ship). that way when the blast door only opens when you activate the platform. whats better is its not on a timer and will only close when the platform is fully secure in the ship.