Extended key combos/System&Galaxy map toggle

Reaction score
    Just a couple of suggestions, apologies if they've been mentioned before.

I played an RPG which allowed you to set up additional key combos using ctrl, shift & alt and binding it to a regular key. So, if you pressed Ctrl for example, it would recognise it as a precursor to an additional binding and show up in the config as Ctrl + <key>. The obvious benefit is you get a threefold increase in usable keys at your disposal.

I would also like to propose a toggle between system map & galactic map. Having the stars from other systems in the background whilst viewing the system map makes it terribly cluttered, prone to misclicking and generally untidy. Being able to move freely around a system map using the direction keys would also be a great benefit, rather than the current repeatedly pressing the key to move around.

As an aside, I was under the impression cameras could face any direction, however mine always face the direction of the core. Am I missing something or just imagined this?

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't like just shift+crtl+alt as pre-cursors.

Imagine System-combos bound to these keys.
    Imagine pressing the windows key to minimize your window (when using Windows :D - I use Linux)
    Imagine pressing CAPS_LOCK and confusing your shift+key behaviour.​

I prefer key-combos.
    Combos like T&any for Target{any=E :"target in front", any=D :"nearest target", any=S :"previous" any=F : "next"

te = front target
    e = forward thrust
    t[backspace, esc] = cancel combo​

With this you would not only have multiple actions per key (for about half keys), but can also:
    • define which "precursor-keys" to use |or| where they are
    • while having less issues with [maximum key-presses at the same time] which the keyboard can handle.
    • allows active "contexts"
      • Example: after pressing Z, you may use the "precursor Z" for all commands until you either press Z again or ESC.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    rather than the current repeatedly pressing the key to move around.
    I think this is currently possible by holding shift and moving on the galaxy map. Either that or ctrl, I don't remember which one exactly.