EXT StarMade [Hardcore] [PvP] [No BP] [Balanced Economy] [Custom Pirates] and more...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some describing tags:

- Balanced economy
    - No Blueprints
    - Hardcore
    - PvP
    - 100 Km/h Speed
    - Custom pirates
    - Dedicated server
    - 1M Starting Credits
    - 100% Uptime
    - Low ping
    - Credit Drops on Death

Address/host name:

starmadeext.no-ip.biz:4242

Help us:

If you enjoyed this sever I would like to ask you to spend a bit your time (10 seconds) to vote the server up:

http://starmade-servers.com/server/524/vote/

No registration required to vote, just type your ingame name and press "Vote". This will help our server alot in becomming what we aim to be, the most populated and fun server in the universe! You can vote once every 23 hours.

Thank you!

Description:

If you are interested in a slightly different, more challenging and ultimately rewarding Starmade experience, maybe our server is for you!

We have a completely reworked economy, ship modules had their prices increased, standard hull blocks have had the price lowered, hardened hull had its stats altered to make it more desirable and to try and steer pilots away from making ships with no hull parts. In accordance with this, starting credits have been increased to reflect the changes.
    The main goal is to increase time for "character development" and to encourage manufacturing and specialization, and also with the intent of making PvP have more consequence, while at the same time reducing the amount of 1km long lag ships!

Pirates have reinforcements now! They are able to field 6 new ship types, 4 new variants of Isanth, and 2 totally new ships, the Crow and the Hawk.

With a new home station for players, come join us and play on our dedicated Starmade server, with automatic restarts, 100mbps connection, 4Ghz Quad core CPU, 6 Gig RAM. Our friendly admin are logged in and playing most of the time, and are happy to help new players.

So what are you waiting for?

Reaction score
    I was planning to check out your server\'s economy but from what I see in the description, the 1M starting credits kinda contradicts \" increase time for \"character development\"\"(unless prices are really extreme and with that money you can buy less then 100 blocks)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello Florrible, thanks for showing intrest in our server. 1 million starting cash will not give you much of what you need for a ship but its just enough of a push to give you a start. 1 mil will give you about 10 shields or thrusters but if you spend it on hull blocks you will be able to buy many more, because you can easily get many thousands hull blocks from stations we do not make them very valuable as that would make everybody super rich. This is one of the things we\'ve done to make each ship more valuable to the player and then ofc this makes pvp more exciting. I would suggest that you spend the starting cash on buying salvaging guns, they cost about 50-70k each and from there you can start building your character.

Getting good recipies for crafting usefull blocks is very desirable on this server!

Edit: It\'s now updated to latest version of the game!

Reaction score
    From what you said, I think that maybe you should cut all prices by 4...else people will run into the problem of spending their money too quickly and also trading between shops would give people lots of money(as the bigger the price, the higher the potential income)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I suggest that you acually try the server out first because the amount of shops is also reduced by alot.

You can as on any server who has not reduced all prices to 1 credit, buy in one shop and sell in another but its not worth the time it takes on our server, because you may find 1-2 shops in each sector.

If people spend their starting money too quickly they should have read the \"Hardcore\" tag a bit more carefully before complaning about the server settings. This is how we want our server. Not easymode. If someone comes and kills your first salvager and you are then left with nothing, then thats exactly how we want it to be. Your salvaging ship is very valuable to you! This makes me want to kill your salvaging ship and take its components, because its value in them that i want, and it also causes people to strongly want revenge on the killer, which causes wars and all around we get an active universe!

All we need now is a few more returning players (YOU!) and this server will be perfect! I\'m always working to get more players to join us ^^

Only join this server if you are up for a real challenge in StarMade and prepare to eather get mad or make others mad! ;)

Reaction score
    I would love to be in on this server. But I am in America, Specificly west coast. My ping is about 100 so I am nto sure if that is a ok or not. If that is not to much of an issue I would ping pong between this one and my current gaming group\'s one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi Top, I just asked a bunch of guys playing with a ping constantly above 100 and they don\'t feel any lag at all so it should not be a problem for you, but we\'r mainly europeans so at your evening gaming time the server may seem a bit empty for now. I hope to recrute people all over and have it populated 24/7!

Hope to see you in game!

Reaction score
    beign empty is totally fine by me. I am just starting out and learning more and more. so that will help me not get killed. Not saying it wont happen but IT will help. I will probably hope intonight get started and I am excited about this game!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think we have almost always someone online by now. Prime time would be right now. Welcome and ask questions in game, many of our players will be happy to answer you and take you in their factions!

Reaction score
    Thank you! Unfortuntly I am at work right now. except saturdays and I am a church going man on sundays. IF I look at factions I will probably have to see about groups that want salvagers or hutners who work late!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you have more ideas about how to edit the server towards the direction we are already going with it, please share them!

Reaction score
    I haven\'t seen an admin on in several days now. The server definitely needs an update, as I\'ve seen dozens of people bounce off of it with client incompatability errors.

Additionally, to promote PvP while protecting the economy, I would strongly suggest the following server config changes...

DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_ENEMY_USE = false
    LOCK_FACTION_SHIPS = true
    CATALOG_SLOTS_PER_PLAYER = 10
    REMOVE_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINTS = true
    PLAYER_DEATH_INVULNERABILITY_TIME = 60
    ALLOW_UPLOAD_FROM_LOCAL_BLUEPRINTS = false
    BLUEPRINT_BUY_WITH_BLOCKS = true

These would prevent people from importing massive ships from other servers, and make use of the buy-with-blocks features in the newer server version, which would encourage people to use the ships they are spending days detailing, in actual pvp combat. Myself included.