Exquisite Corpse Challenge/Competition

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Weird title, but hear me out. Exquisite Corpse is a surrealist technique which, depending on how it's done, somebody draws part of a picture, covers most of it, and passes it on to another person to continue work on. This next person can only see a portion of what the other person drew, and they have to connect their part into the previous one. This cycle is repeated until everyone in the group has finished, the monstrosity of a drawing is then revealed.

I challenge you, and at least two friends to build a ship in this manner. You don't need systems. An exterior is all that's needed. If you could do an interior that would be even better. Adding logic/rails that spans between two or more sections would be super cool.

Instructions:
    • Do this in a group of three or more. You could do only two, but that would be mundane.
    • Agree on a block you won't use to make/decorate the ship, this block must be opaque.
    • When you finish your section, cover and fill it with the agreed upon block, so that the next people cannot see what you've done, with the exception of a few blocks sticking out of this covering.
    • Place a build block on the outside of the big cube you've made.
    • Save this ship.
    • Pass a copy onto the next person, who starts building at the sticking out bit.
    • Rinse, wash, and repeat until everyone on your team has finished.
    • Use the only affect selected block tool to remove the covering of your now completed ship.
    • Upload the ship to SMD, providing a link in this thread to download. Give at least one picture showing the sections that each person did.
    Eventually once enough people turn in submissions there will be a poll to find the winning team. Winners gets 70 internet points each.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Weird title, but hear me out. Exquisite Corpse is a surrealist technique which, depending on how it's done, somebody draws part of a picture, covers most of it, and passes it on to another person to continue work on. This next person can only see a portion of what the other person drew, and they have to connect their part into the previous one. This cycle is repeated until everyone in the group has finished, the monstrosity of a drawing is then revealed.

I challenge you, and at least two friends to build a ship in this manner. You don't need systems. An exterior is all that's needed. If you could do an interior that would be even better. Adding logic/rails that spans between two or more sections would be super cool.

Instructions:
    • Do this in a group of three or more. You could do only two, but that would be mundane.
    • Agree on a block you won't use to make/decorate the ship, this block must be opaque.
    • When you finish your section, cover and fill it with the agreed upon block, so that the next people cannot see what you've done, with the exception of a few blocks sticking out of this covering.
    • Place a build block on the outside of the big cube you've made.
    • Save this ship.
    • Pass a copy onto the next person, who starts building at the sticking out bit.
    • Rinse, wash, and repeat until everyone on your team has finished.
    • Use the only affect selected block tool to remove the covering of your now completed ship.
    • Upload the ship to SMD, providing a link in this thread to download. Give at least one picture showing the sections that each person did.
    Eventually once enough people turn in submissions there will be a poll to find the winning team. Winners gets 70 internet points each.

You're working up your crew psychology report?

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like the idea! This should produce some interesting looking ships, lol.

Just to be clear, you do NOT start with a drawing that you split into pieces, but rather simply make part of a ship, cover it, then the next person makes another part of the ship, then the third, and so on, right?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464054983,1464054841][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Would do it,
    Want to join forces? (I am DestroyerOfWorlds by the way) I have another person from StarSide that invited me to work with them on this. If you would like to, I'll ask em if it's ok for you to join. We could use your awesome decorative abilities!

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Just to be clear, you do NOT start with a drawing that you split into pieces, but rather simply make part of a ship, cover it, then the next person makes another part of the ship, then the third, and so on, right?
    Yep. When you build you'll have no idea what's the ship looks like but the few extremities. it'll be funny.

Edit: Benevolent27, MrFuz & I made a team working on that project; if you are looking for comrades to work with on it feel free to join us on that project Col_Kurtz , StarWars1981.

Last edited: