Exploration spaceship concept - I need opinions and some help!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I'm working on a new warpdrive/explorer ship, and I have (in my opinion) made a decent looking front so far. what I do have a problem with so far is how to build the rest of the ship. I dont want it to look too "star-trek'y", and it's inspired by the NASA warpdrive concept ship.
    I'm also Quite a big fan of long sleek designs.

Right now it sort of looks like a ray fish, but I want to make it longer. If anyone have any advice, inspiration, or opinion, I would love to hear from you!

-Maranello (TheSchibbye)

Pictures:

Full circle design:

Gif's

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Nice looking. Have you begun filling it in yet or is it just an empty hull?[DOUBLEPOST=1417647613,1417647550][/DOUBLEPOST]And what are the current dimensions?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Add a rather bulky part at the end and then attach some warp nacelles to it.

D

Deleted member 301635

Is it just me, or does that look like the slug cruiser from FTL?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Nice looking. Have you begun filling it in yet or is it just an empty hull?[DOUBLEPOST=1417647613,1417647550][/DOUBLEPOST]And what are the current dimensions?
    its currently just an empty hull, but I plan on making a quite cool interior to it once the exterior is done.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Go for the semi-circle design and add two extra engines on the back of the dish. Be sure to put a bunch of scanner-looking details on the ship: antennaes, satellite dishes and so on. If you want it to look a bit more NASA-like, try adding some blue circuit boards for solar pannels on top of the ship. Also, the ship's design looks similar to that of aliens from Xenonauts.