Exploration: Dungeons&Artefacts

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    With the upcoming Power&Chambers update maybe we could expand that with an Artefact Chamber they would temporary Buff certain aspects of your ship depending on the artefact you install. The Artefact is either destroyed has a huge cooldown or only a few uses, depending on rarity.

Artefacts would be found in dungeons on planets and maybe in space station dungeons. Effects could be basically anything. These would be powerful items from long lost races of ancients.

Power Crystal = Temporary gives you huge amounts of power generation
    Antimatter Crystal = Temporary overloads your AMCs so their damage is greatly improved

This can be done with almost anything (Thrust, Cloak, Jump, Jam, Missile-Speed, Missile-DMG)

Other artefacts could be gear for Steve like a different helmet that raises your HP, a personal shield or alien hand-held weapons. I would add jet-packs and shotguns but those should be available to everyone.

I think this wouldnt be to strong since the effects would only last for a few seconds but it would get people out there exploring planets and stations before salvaging them, dungeons would also give us a chance to use said gear like personal shields, weapons etc.

This is obviously going to take a while to implement since Shine would probably want to re-do planets first and implement alien life but I just wanted to get this out there.

Reaction score
    Other artefacts could be gear for Steve like a different helmet that raises your HP, a personal shield or alien hand-held weapons. I would add jet-packs and shotguns but those should be available to everyone.
    I'd like this on a regular level first, as in you could buy or craft basic gear that enhances Dave's (Minecraft has Steve, we have Dave, as in 2001: A Space Odyssey) basic abilities(HP, armor, handheld scanner for ores (using the new overlay system and different colors to show ore veins within asteroids and planets) etc.) and maybe these alien artifacts could add buffs (or debuffs) on that base. Could even be that some artifacts could be temporary or could not be used by any other astronaut (bound to the astronaut who picked it up, will be destroyed if removed or used up).

Reaction score
    Player weapons will be sufficient.
    Anything that can jump over servers (ships, namely) should not be recieving any "artifact" buffs.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sounds very similar to another game with ancient artifacts on planets that you can find and use. ;-)
    However, I do like the idea of slaving something rare to get another result from existing computers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I really doubt the 50,000 year old trinket you found gathering dust in a hole (which for all you know could very well be an alien bong) is just going to plug into your ship and work

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I really doubt the 50,000 year old trinket you found gathering dust in a hole (which for all you know could very well be an alien bong) is just going to plug into your ship and work
    Thats why we have the Artefact Chamber its designed to adapt to those died out races and their alien bong.

Reactions: rocketman221