Exploration blocks - for the future when Starmade is more feature complete

Reaction score
    I would like some features for us that aren't always just gun happy.

Sensor computer, with sensor blocks. For finding ores/materials or life signs on planets. More blocks, bigger range and/or penetration.

Universal translator block, for talking with scripted Aliens. Bring it with you. Pop it on the ground when the aliens speak gibberish to make sense of what they are saying.

Radio telescope computer with Radio telescope block, for finding interesting alien civilizations far away. More blocks, more range.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    1. Sensor computer, with sensor blocks. For finding ores/materials or life signs on planets. More blocks, bigger range and/or penetration.
    2. Pop it on the ground when the aliens speak gibberish to make sense of what they are saying.
    3. Radio telescope computer with Radio telescope block, for finding interesting alien civilizations far away. More blocks, more range.

1. +1
    2. 2. Not good for factioned planets...
    3. More detailed in 1-2 other threads. (sector signature, frequency limited scanners (weapon, thrust, shield got own frequencies) and how radars are limited to 1 of 4x4x4 sectors and registered in sol systems.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    If aliens dropped loot I wouldn\'t bother getting a universal translator-Kill em allllllll for dem loot and their stuff

though I would like a radio telescope to find aliens to kill and slay

Reaction score
    2. If it\'s factioned it probably means it\'s already explored anyway. You could have a little ship with the translator though.

3. I am more for the KISS method here. \"There is a planet with some kind of technology/life fifteen sectors that way, let\'s check it out!\"

4. Stealthinator, you make me depressed. :(