Exploding Power Reactors?

Reaction score
    I'm learning to mod and code, simple question, how can basically tag Reactors as Warheads.

Reason: There are a few other things I am doing, in military history, and really most fantasy / sci-fi settings, the energy generator/ converter is always the target. I like the idea of the power generators blowing up and causing a chain reaction. Smaller ships should require fueling from larger ships that can defend/ handle power generation.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    AFAIK, that would be very hard currently. The configs won't cut it, and modifying the code itself may also turn out to be relatively hard, due to the need to replace some hardcoded values, which may or may not be in obfuscated regions of the StarMade.jar . You can try, but I doubt it will be easy.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could listen for onSegmentControllerDamageTaken and do something when the core is overheating, but unfortunately the HP Controller interface is completely obfuscated, and I can't seem to find anything about the element (block) data.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the replies, I was wondering if I was missing something or it if would be located in the .jar file. This tells me my search is on the right track.

I was looking at making the Power Reactor block activate able and trying to tie in the warhead ID, which would double as a self destruct button basically. It didn't work, so I'm playing with values.

With the ship dock function do you think it would be possible to store a blueprint of your ship in the core, then when a repair ship effectively replace missing blocks using that code?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the ship dock function do you think it would be possible to store a blueprint of your ship in the core, then when a repair ship effectively replace missing blocks using that code?
    I think I saw this "imprinting" function on one of the schema roadmaps for future uses of the shipyard.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is it possible to add a NEW block without worrying about obfuscated stuff?

If so, you could find a way to nerf the default reactor, and then add a second, new, explosive reactor block which is actually better than current ones.