Read by Council Expiraing mining license, so you do not have to claim a system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Right now, if you mine in a system you do not own, you do not get a lot of stuff. So you either have to be part of a faction, or claim the system for your own faction.

One realistic soultion, is a mining license, that can be purchased in game, from either the traders guild in an unclaimed system, or from a faction shop in a claimed system.

This would allow players to get lots of resources, while adding a level of realism to the game.

Reactions: SkaireKrough
    Reaction score
    Sounds like it would be a nice addition to the game though I think it will need to wait for more important features first.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm gonna say yes, but with one exception- people who are in a faction can't purchase them. They should just be for solo players.

My reasoning? A faction can already control all the territory they need for the most part. The only reason you'd even need to claim another system temporarily is for planet mining. In case you haven't noticed yet- almost no one likes planet miners on servers. They cause absurd amounts of lag.