Experimental, solid craft.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hi there. I decided to start the creation of something with thust power of (see picture)
    Now dont mind the ugly appearence of it, I'm working on systems first, then a sleek sexy shell for it later.
    Leave suggestions and comments!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So i\'ve finished the basic system (Power, storage, engines and shield)
    I changed a few things for the update, namely the power tanks.

I\'ve started work on the hull now.

Reaction score
    I was just wondering because I don\'t have the time but I do have the resources to make a ship like this... or buy it. =D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, crusade have you found a point where thrust outways the mass of a ship. Was hoping to find the optimum pecentage of thrust to mass. Assuming there is a limit to the acceleration you can have on a ship. I was inteding to do some tests soon regarding this but obviously if others have come across it it\'d be awesome to know. If you don\'t know then check out the space prius i\'ll put my findings there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well this ship has a thrust power of 1.9 million. It accellerates EXTREMELY fast. I\'m pretty sure accelleration keeps climbing. If you do experiments with your speed cap raised to something like.. 5,000, you\'d be able to find the max speed of most ships. With the sacrifice of playability what with lag, outrunning sector loading and what-have-you.

With boxdims for power regen, you can get to about 1,000,000 before it becomes pointless and will just add 25e/s per block.

Power tanks run off the formula:

(tank count in group^1.5)

So the more you have the larger the return.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    When this ships is completed, then it will be available for download.

I first have to complete many smaller ships, and Nightingale. See here: http://star-made.org/content/project-nightingale-1-trillion-power-cap

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Nightingale, Turrets, Shuttles, Plating, Gunships. quite a bit larget then this. about 10% done at 1.3 million mass

XM31 Nexus, Turrets, Gunships

And an assorted bunch of practice ships, getting used to building interiors and decorations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Massive thanks for the information crusade, can\'t wait to see this finished as well as your other projects. I\'ll eventually get to building big stuff :) have a few ideas down on paper.

Reaction score
    ive seen the page for the nightingale, wasn\'t that the one where people accused you of glitching to get the trillion power thing?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It wasnt a glitch to get past a can, it was the game glitching and not addint any new blocks to the equasion. Nightingale also BSODs my laptop.