Expat Shipyards

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Here's my thread, finally. Thanks to Dannage for pushing me to do this. I've been playing for a while, since pre YogSwarm, but only now do I finally have a thread.

I've built a lot of trash over the years, a few ships were decent enough I'm too lazy, I'll add all the ships I have pictures of here.
    Most of my ships have been tiny due to hardware restrictions on my end.

Here goes nothing!

These first two were from waaaay back when, sketched out in my biology notebook, etc.

This was my first StarMade screenshot. Which should explain the awful build quality.

This was designed after a good week or so where all I played was FTL. It's small but it all works. Remember this, it'll be back later.

These next ships came later, after a fairly significant pause due to school issues.

The Moth was the first ship I ever built without sketching it out first. It turned out all right, and has ungodly acceleration. Satisfyingly swooshy.

The Hood-Class was actually my first design for StarMade ever. I kept getting sidetracked and goofing off with a friend early on, but after he left StarMade I got cracking on my design notebooks. This is an updated picture, the first picture I have of it is under the next ship. You'll see why.

The Ajax was my first attempt at building out a proper ship. I designed it based off of some pictures I found in a TIME special about World War Two. I got a good ways into it, but my turret design sucked. I ended up abandoning it as a deckplate with a bridge and some turrets. I am currently rebooting it, but it's a huge project that I have neither the time nor the computer to handle.

I then took another significant break because of girl and mental health issues. These next ships are from early to mid 2015.

More of a weak corvette than a fighter, this was supposed to be a stealth ship. Thus all the black. Seats 4. I also updated the Hood-Class at this time.

This ship was designed freehand, and is a slow-ish ship with a harassment of a gun. It's a minor annoyance that is fun to fly.

Another break for end-of-senior-year exams and university applications ended when I accepted a place at the University of Nottingham for Fall 2017. These ships are from my current session.

This is the first of two versions of this ship. I nabbed the design from a webcomic artist named Jim Francis, who draws the excellent Outsider. This version met an untimely end by being near my weapons testing emplacement when pirates came knocking.

This is a large ship based off of an awesome piece of art I found browsing around. The artist is a Romanian guy named Alex Ichim, who works for Gameloft. This one is further along than this picture suggests but is currently on hold due to StarMade turning into a slideshow when I load it up.

I have no idea what's gone wrong with that image, I really don't. Anyway, it's a complete rebuild of the YF-41 after the original got blown up before I made a blueprint out of it. The rear and cockpit as well as the belly got some minor reworks, and I like the paint job on this one better.

Last edited:

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Welcome back. I do recall enjoying your sig file before. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thanks! I got it out of a sci-fi book. It's modified a bit from the original, which was about driving a giant tank

Also, updates! Added in my current ships.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    People remember you... That makes you a celebrity. ;P

My Fave is the YF-41A. Give us another angle.

There are several asteroids in the background of the penultimate shot, try warping yourself to a sector far away from it all. :)

Reaction score
    Yeah, if you're building and there's asteroids in the view, your FPS is gonna tank. I had that problem building a Longsword replica---every time I turned towards whatever side was facing the asteroids (Most of a sector away from me) I lost 66 ish % of my FPS.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    YES! One of my people! Another small builder. Nice builds; I hope to see more of your work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok, didn't know that for the asteroids. I just know that looking at the front of that ship does tank the FPS.
    As I see it there's two ways to solve the issue: 1. move the ship or 2. remove the asteroids.

Dannage, your wish is my command.

And then my favorite shot of this thing:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Goddamn it, I've just spotted a missing tetra on the starboard intake...

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The general shapes of your newer builds look very interesting and unseen, but you have to put some more work into detailing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Mariux Thank you for the feedback. I have been putting some more detailing onto the YF-41A, but I have been failing to take pictures.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Detailing in small builds is very difficult... probably, never done it... :)

U.I.U > If it's your own server and you're in admin, you can admin warp yourself to an empty sector and go into creative mode. Asteroids and planets then don't feature, provided you are more than 2 sectors away from them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    just admin warp to a void sector in creative mode,and don't forget to give yourself god mode(nothing worse then pirates crashing your party,i know from experience :()

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Dannage Define an "empty sector"
    Like TMC said, go onto map, Press Shift and Up Arrow so it moves you an entire sector, do that once more and you're likely in empty space. You can also turn wandering pirates off in server config.