Expand on the Lua interface.

Reaction score
    I know that there is a Lua interface, but we have no documentation on how to use it. (Unless I couldn't find it)

Here are some suggestions, add some documentation on how to make a simple dialog that asks yes or no when the player types in "Hello world". Then do an action on clicking on of the buttons, like clicking yes will teleport you to home.

Add more tutorials on simple mechanics, like creating a new ship, then placing blocks on it.
    Add another that shows how to modify an inventory, money, etc on a player.
    And another on how to raise events in lua.

Other suggestions:
    - Add an admin command that is called /run_script myscript, It will run a script called "myscript.lua" in the scripts directory.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How to open lua console?
    I don't think there's a Lua "console," there's just framework in place for the game to interpret Lua code, which is already usable for the NPC conversation system. However... There doesn't seem to be any documentation for even that thing anywhere, and the variable names and function names and things don't exactly make things clear.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There's a Lua interface already in place? I didn't even know it existed. How in the world does one access and use this and what can it do?

Reaction score
    There's a Lua interface already in place? I didn't even know it existed. How in the world does one access and use this and what can it do?
    You can access it through the /data/scripts folder, but the only problem is trying to figure it out. There are example scripts, but make something beyond that seems almost impossible