Everything is blue.....

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    So....
    I dunno why, but.. Everything is blue now.
    It was working fine yesterday and i havent upgraded my graphics drivers.
    But...after the game updated with the new launcher..everything is blue ;-;

Thats supposed to be grey...and when i dont have my mouse over it...it is...

My FPS has also dropped from 100, to 6, and wont go higher than 10.
    And i havent changed any settings, it was also working as it should yesterday.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Do you have an Intel CPU? That blue/green effect is what happens when Intel HD integrated graphics tries to render with StarMade's frame buffer turned on.

It could be that Starmade is calling its prepackaged javaw, which in turn may be using your Intel HD Graphics instead of NVidia/AMD like the normal Java installation. The FPS drop would also definitely occur in this case.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Do you have an Intel CPU? That blue/green effect is what happens when Intel HD integrated graphics tries to render with StarMade's frame buffer turned on.

It could be that Starmade is calling its prepackaged javaw, which in turn may be using your Intel HD Graphics instead of NVidia/AMD like the normal Java installation. The FPS drop would also definitely occur in this case.
    I do have an intel graphics card built in. Is there anyway to change the default, or am i just out of luck?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes, you can tell StarMade to use your main Java install.

In the launcher, click Options. In the little box that pops up, click Browse then find the folder for your Java install. The javaw.exe it's looking for is in the bin folder of your Java install, so just select that folder. (Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin )

In the course of finding this solution, I have confirmed that by default it does use its own Java, no doubt because it can guarantee to know where that version is.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yes, you can tell StarMade to use your main Java install.

In the launcher, click Options. In the little box that pops up, click Browse then find the folder for your Java install. The javaw.exe it's looking for is in the bin folder of your Java install, so just select that folder. (Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin )

In the course of finding this solution, I have confirmed that by default it does use its own Java, no doubt because it can guarantee to know where that version is.
    Thank you very much for that. <3