Even more suggestions

Are these suggestions useful?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    So I probably think about this game more than i should be here goes. Here are a few things I have been thinking about that i think would really make the game more fun. Starmade is great already but the fun falls off after a few weeks of empty space. I will give credit to others who have thought of the same thing as I have, if i miss someone I'm sorry it's really early lol.

1. Animals/Alien life.
    KRABBIT101 also suggested this I would like to go a bit farther with it. The earth like planets should definitely have life forms to harvest/murder (which ever your into), but as for the alien planets make it super rare for those to have life on them. The other planets probably don't need ambient lifeforms but who knows what's out there.

2. BOBBYAI
    This thing is amazing. But it could be better in some aspects. Drone ships have always been one of my favorite tactics with space games and this is no different. However the (ship) mode of the ai module is lacking. It should return to its originating dock once it's job is done. Maybe even have options to it's behavior as the turret mode does.

3. Player upgrades
    Space isn't just about spaceships its about spacesuits as well. Craftable player modifications would be amazing. Things like better move speed in space the ability to freely turn your player as you can your ship instead of just auto orienting. Better guns and gadgets yada yada yada you get the point.

4. The ability to know when your being locked onto
    Holy cripes this is annoying. Your poking around exploring when suddenly you explode and have no idea why. Ever had that happen when it wasn't a stealth ship? Sensors people we need them. We have radar but its very very limited.

5. Radar continued.
    Please can we get some radar that doesn't look for ships but instead looks for asteroids and astral bodies. would make mining slightly less annoying. Mining gets boring we all know that hehe.

6. Space stations
    I... Love... Space stations!!! However adding weapon emplacements not just turrets and other player controlled items would make living in your station or planet far more enjoyable. While the factories are cranking out goods you can scan space for future prospects or shoot down baddies while the turrets do what they do best (miss)

7. Customizable ship HUD
    This is just nit picky but it's my ship i should be able to install different HUD computers to change where things are on screen what shows up and yes even the color of the display (things like the reticle's shape color) would add a more personal feel so that ever ship isn't exactly the same on screen when piloted.

8. Flash light...
    Instead of having to carry a stack of lights that need to be randomly throw down while mining on the planet why not pull out your handy dandy flash light. I have a space ship for god sakes. Why can't i afford a flashlight?

9. Roaming AI
    Yup i can find pirates quite easily. Just go to your local pirate station and look at it wrong and poof tons of random pirates. But there pirates they should be trying to take yo **** more than just when you poke them with a stick. The suggestion is this, Roaming pirate fleets that attack stations planets and can actually bi-pass the Spawn safety. These should only start randomly attacking when your faction status has reached a certain level of fame (determined by the server admin) that way new players starting don't get looted to oblivion. It would also make having shields on your base an actual need instead of just something for show.

10. War Tax
    This should have been a thing long ago in my opinion. People should have to pay to war with people and pay more to do it often. This was one of the problems in (a game that also involves ships and money and beating your face against the key board when your constantly war decd) it was made a bit less painfull buy forcing people to pay for war.

11. Non Craftable Blocks
    One day your poking along mining ore and out of nowhere a ship warps in and starts firing on you for no apparent reason. You defend yourself long enough to get back to your battle ship only to find that it followed you. You jump over to your battleship just in time to see your mining ship explode and think to yourself.. Oh it's on!!! You take the attacker down only to realize its not a player nor a pirate, but instead it's an alien craft!!! amongst the salvage you find some really strange materials and in the corner of the ship you see a very strange module. o_O Well maybe that's never happened but it could right? Maybe a teleporter or an advanced warp drive or even better energy torpedo launcher. Who know's but wouldn't that be amazing. To bad aliens are a myth.....

12. Drones, Drones, Drones

We need more drones. AI has been brought up lots I am certain. Mining drones, Repair Drones, Shield drones, and many many more. Just wanted to poke the issue again cause i love having minions.

13. MINIONS!!!!
    Yup you guessed it. Crew I want them I need them on my battle ship. I want em as a colony on my planet. I want to torture one when i get bored and want to make a point to the other minions, and I want them to be better and worse. They should have there own set of skills aka Jim is good with missiles but please don't put him on the cannon battery again... I can't afford another hole in my ship.

14. Warp Drain satellites
    a satellite that constantly drains warp drives in a sector aka a module and computer that works as the energy drain does but instead of being a point and click works like an EMP for warp modules. They should be super expensive to make and hard to get. They should litterally pull you out of warp if you pass through a sector with one and should not show up on the map(unless there yours) unless you scan them down, and they should effect everyone in the sector even the people that put them down.

Well that's enough for the night hope you like the suggestions lemme know what you think.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426944863,1426944597][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and if one of these suggestions was one that you have already posted, lemme know and direct me to your thread so I can credit it as also your idea.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    10. War Tax
    This should have been a thing long ago in my opinion. People should have to pay to war with people and pay more to do it often. This was one of the problems in (a game that also involves ships and money and beating your face against the key board when your constantly war decd) it was made a bit less painfull buy forcing people to pay for war.
    But who would pay? If the person who declared war was suppose to pay, then people would just not declare war and just fire, which would make the other person Auto-dec, thus making the defender pay for war.

There is also the issue that if the amount needed is too low, it wouldn't affect larger factions, and if it's too high small factions couldn't war. I'm also gonna assume the cost would be in Faction Points.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    1. Animals/Alien life.
    That'd be cool but I'd prefer if the existing game features with problems were brought up to speed before tacking on more frill.

2. BOBBYAI
    This is already planned I believe.

3. Player upgrades
    Same as #1. Let's get the HP system in place, and see trade/crafting working better before adding more features that will probably bring a whole new set of balance, bug and gameplay issues to the table.

Yes. This. Checking scanner all the time is nice, but a space-ship should be able to detect most lock-ons.

5. Radar continued.
    I don't understand this one - the navcomp shows asteroids and you can find them on the map.

6. Space stations
    Well I think technically a turret IS a weapons emplacement. In that you can place weapons in them. Then get in the weapons and use them to shoot people. This is already a feature. You can also add fixed weapons to planets and stations, but the don't have the turn radius turrets do.

7. Customizable ship HUD
    Once they finish the HP system and fix trade I think this would be very nice.

8. Flash light...
    Yes to this also. Yes please. The damn helmet should have a light. Coal miners in the 20th Century had hands-free helmet lights, but space-men in the future aint figured this out yet?

9. Roaming AI
    Pirates already do this if your faction has enough members and bases and what-not. They come at your bases in waves from time to time.

10. War Tax
    NO THANK YOU! This would destroy the sandbox feel, it assumes a Leviathan entity that could somehow impose its will on any player faction. No, I enjoy servers with pirate factions full of player-pirates. I enjoy the freedom of real diplomatic conditions instead of a constant, coercive pseudo-peace unless you pay someone to fight.

11. Non Craftable Blocks
    Ok. Cool story. I feel like this is more in the court of server admins than the game developers.

13. MINIONS!!!!
    This would be kinda nice. Especially if there were any sort of skill-based system in place, which there currently isn't. But totally put a pin in this one - I like the idea of named NPC followers/henchmen.

I think jump interference is also something that is in the works and will eventually show up.

Cool ideas!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    missile-missile combine is great for station defense if friendly ships are docked.
    you can active it with logic or make it repeat with logic

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    But who would pay? If the person who declared war was suppose to pay, then people would just not declare war and just fire, which would make the other person Auto-dec, thus making the defender pay for war.

There is also the issue that if the amount needed is too low, it wouldn't affect larger factions, and if it's too high small factions couldn't war. I'm also gonna assume the cost would be in Faction Points.
    Not a bad idea using faction points for the cost and having each kill during the war pay out faction points. The original point of this is that you can not fire on someone at random but must be at war with someone to fire upon them. I like the thought of paying the cost in faction points to start the war and gaining or losing faction points during the war. Would be a great way to gain faction points other than having territory and having people online.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426992032,1426991590][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That'd be cool but I'd prefer if the existing game features with problems were brought up to speed before tacking on more frill.

This is already planned I believe.

Same as #1. Let's get the HP system in place, and see trade/crafting working better before adding more features that will probably bring a whole new set of balance, bug and gameplay issues to the table.

Yes. This. Checking scanner all the time is nice, but a space-ship should be able to detect most lock-ons.

I don't understand this one - the navcomp shows asteroids and you can find them on the map.

Well I think technically a turret IS a weapons emplacement. In that you can place weapons in them. Then get in the weapons and use them to shoot people. This is already a feature. You can also add fixed weapons to planets and stations, but the don't have the turn radius turrets do.

Once they finish the HP system and fix trade I think this would be very nice.

Yes to this also. Yes please. The damn helmet should have a light. Coal miners in the 20th Century had hands-free helmet lights, but space-men in the future aint figured this out yet?

Pirates already do this if your faction has enough members and bases and what-not. They come at your bases in waves from time to time.

NO THANK YOU! This would destroy the sandbox feel, it assumes a Leviathan entity that could somehow impose its will on any player faction. No, I enjoy servers with pirate factions full of player-pirates. I enjoy the freedom of real diplomatic conditions instead of a constant, coercive pseudo-peace unless you pay someone to fight.

Ok. Cool story. I feel like this is more in the court of server admins than the game developers.

This would be kinda nice. Especially if there were any sort of skill-based system in place, which there currently isn't. But totally put a pin in this one - I like the idea of named NPC followers/henchmen.

I think jump interference is also something that is in the works and will eventually show up.

Cool ideas!
    Great feedback! Thank you for that. Let me go into more depth on a couple of things like the radar suggestion for mining. They show up on the map and on the hud but what I was suggesting is that long range scanning of asteroids be possible via radar so that you can get extended probing on mining vessels so that hunting down thinks like rammet will be a bit simpler.
    Thank you again for the great feed back!!!

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Oh man - scanners need an upgrade for sure :)
    I think scanners should reveal asteroids in their range totally. I think they should also reveal any undiscovered stations, and I think they should absolutely reveal any un-mapped shops in range. Shops WANT to be found. Businesses spend billions on marketing, IRL. Why we have fly all around a system to uncover the local markets is completely beyond me.

Reaction score
    Oh man - scanners need an upgrade for sure :)
    I think scanners should reveal asteroids in their range totally. I think they should also reveal any undiscovered stations, and I think they should absolutely reveal any un-mapped shops in range. Shops WANT to be found. Businesses spend billions on marketing, IRL. Why we have fly all around a system to uncover the local markets is completely beyond me.
    I totally agree with that especially about the shops. Unless it's some super secret black market shop.

Reaction score
    So I probably think about this game more than i should be here goes. Here are a few things I have been thinking about that i think would really make the game more fun. Starmade is great already but the fun falls off after a few weeks of empty space. I will give credit to others who have thought of the same thing as I have, if i miss someone I'm sorry it's really early lol.

1. Animals/Alien life.
    KRABBIT101 also suggested this I would like to go a bit farther with it. The earth like planets should definitely have life forms to harvest/murder (which ever your into), but as for the alien planets make it super rare for those to have life on them. The other planets probably don't need ambient lifeforms but who knows what's out there.

2. BOBBYAI
    This thing is amazing. But it could be better in some aspects. Drone ships have always been one of my favorite tactics with space games and this is no different. However the (ship) mode of the ai module is lacking. It should return to its originating dock once it's job is done. Maybe even have options to it's behavior as the turret mode does.

3. Player upgrades
    Space isn't just about spaceships its about spacesuits as well. Craftable player modifications would be amazing. Things like better move speed in space the ability to freely turn your player as you can your ship instead of just auto orienting. Better guns and gadgets yada yada yada you get the point.

Holy cripes this is annoying. Your poking around exploring when suddenly you explode and have no idea why. Ever had that happen when it wasn't a stealth ship? Sensors people we need them. We have radar but its very very limited.

5. Radar continued.
    Please can we get some radar that doesn't look for ships but instead looks for asteroids and astral bodies. would make mining slightly less annoying. Mining gets boring we all know that hehe.

6. Space stations
    I... Love... Space stations!!! However adding weapon emplacements not just turrets and other player controlled items would make living in your station or planet far more enjoyable. While the factories are cranking out goods you can scan space for future prospects or shoot down baddies while the turrets do what they do best (miss)

7. Customizable ship HUD
    This is just nit picky but it's my ship i should be able to install different HUD computers to change where things are on screen what shows up and yes even the color of the display (things like the reticle's shape color) would add a more personal feel so that ever ship isn't exactly the same on screen when piloted.

8. Flash light...
    Instead of having to carry a stack of lights that need to be randomly throw down while mining on the planet why not pull out your handy dandy flash light. I have a space ship for god sakes. Why can't i afford a flashlight?

9. Roaming AI
    Yup i can find pirates quite easily. Just go to your local pirate station and look at it wrong and poof tons of random pirates. But there pirates they should be trying to take yo **** more than just when you poke them with a stick. The suggestion is this, Roaming pirate fleets that attack stations planets and can actually bi-pass the Spawn safety. These should only start randomly attacking when your faction status has reached a certain level of fame (determined by the server admin) that way new players starting don't get looted to oblivion. It would also make having shields on your base an actual need instead of just something for show.

10. War Tax

11. Non Craftable Blocks
    One day your poking along mining ore and out of nowhere a ship warps in and starts firing on you for no apparent reason. You defend yourself long enough to get back to your battle ship only to find that it followed you. You jump over to your battleship just in time to see your mining ship explode and think to yourself.. Oh it's on!!! You take the attacker down only to realize its not a player nor a pirate, but instead it's an alien craft!!! amongst the salvage you find some really strange materials and in the corner of the ship you see a very strange module. o_O Well maybe that's never happened but it could right? Maybe a teleporter or an advanced warp drive or even better energy torpedo launcher. Who know's but wouldn't that be amazing. To bad aliens are a myth.....

We need more drones. AI has been brought up lots I am certain. Mining drones, Repair Drones, Shield drones, and many many more. Just wanted to poke the issue again cause i love having minions.

13. MINIONS!!!!
    Yup you guessed it. Crew I want them I need them on my battle ship. I want em as a colony on my planet. I want to torture one when i get bored and want to make a point to the other minions, and I want them to be better and worse. They should have there own set of skills aka Jim is good with missiles but please don't put him on the cannon battery again... I can't afford another hole in my ship.

a satellite that constantly drains warp drives in a sector aka a module and computer that works as the energy drain does but instead of being a point and click works like an EMP for warp modules. They should be super expensive to make and hard to get. They should litterally pull you out of warp if you pass through a sector with one and should not show up on the map(unless there yours) unless you scan them down, and they should effect everyone in the sector even the people that put them down.

Well that's enough for the night hope you like the suggestions lemme know what you think.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426944863,1426944597][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and if one of these suggestions was one that you have already posted, lemme know and direct me to your thread so I can credit it as also your idea.
    Absolutely no war tax. Without that, pretty much okay with everything else.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    1. Animals/Alien life.
    Planned.

2. BOBBYAI
    AI Improvements are planned.

3. Player upgrades
    Improvements to astronaut mode are planned.

I would like this as well.

5. Radar continued.
    You can use the galaxy map (press 'P') to easily find the orbital paths of asteroids and planets.

8. Flash light...
    Cross-entity lighting is usually buggy and frequently resource intensive. You aren't the first to suggest this, and I believe on that thread one of the Schine devs said they'd look into it.

9. Roaming AI

AI improvements are planned.

13. MINIONS!!!!
    You can already get NPC crewmembers. You can recruit them from a shopkeep (like the one at spawn) for 50,000 credits. They currently don't do much, but I have a few guarding my home base in single player.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    10. War Tax
    Gee I wonder what game you could be talking about...