Eve Online Nyx Supercarrier

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I might provide a download for it after I get it a little closer to complete. Still a fair amount of work on the exterior to do plus the interior is almost untouched so far lol.

Reaction score
    I just looks rough with not all that much detail in the skin.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know it\'s a little rough in places but like I said I am not done with it. For example most of the wedging to smooth out the exterior still needs done. As far as the detail though I chose the scale of the ship to be like it is because it is the lowest resolution that the shape and detail of the ship can be fairly easily recognizable without the ship being so massive that it is functionally useless. It is already approaching 50,000 blocks so I didn\'t want to go too overboard or I would never get enough thrust to move it.

Reaction score
    For a second I thought this was going to be a 1:1 scale of the Nyx. Still a very impressively sized and well built Nyx. Very nice job, can\'t wait to see it finished.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    The Nyx happens to be one of my favorite ships from Eve Online, and you did it great justice.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ya, a 1:1 model would be cool indeed to complete but there are some big problems with that:

1. It wouldn\'t be flyable
    2. It would take ages to walk through
    3. You couldn\'t even see the whole ship because the draw distance can\'t go high enough lol

Glad you guys seem to like it. Currently I am trying to wrangle the interrior into something presentable but it is proving to be difficult because of the games lacklust lights. Because of the tiny radius of light that the light blocks give off I feel like I am going to have to put way more lights on the interior than I would like to. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
    If you make the interior out of a lighter colour block, the lights seem to work better. Little bit limiting, but I can\'t think of anything else off the top of my head

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alright everyone I got around to starting work on the interrior today and I have 11 new screenshots for you. Let me know what you all think so far. Still a WIP so everything is subject to change but I am pretty happy with how it is turning out so far.

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/Lucrin/library/Nyx%20Supercarrier

Some stats so far for anyone interested:
    Mass: 5,368.2 (53,682 blocks)
    Dimensions: 258x32x134
    Power: 89,222.1 capacity (162,199.7/s recharge)
    Thrust: 3,744.1
    Shields: 75,539 (2,554/s regen)

Enjoy! :)

Reaction score
    looks awesome, but you could have went to 600m length easy without causing crippling problems :)

heck, the Damocles is 800m and i only started having issues in populated areas

Reaction score
    please, do notmislead people. put not 1;1 in the title.

Thanks,

Hierarch