Euro-corp

diplomacy, should it play a important role in SM?

• yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
    • no

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    FYI I deal in diplomacy, politics and faction information. Which anything can be discussed on this thread, unless it's gets out of hand. Which I will call it.

Hello all, I know that many are excited and ready for us to become public. No longer are we in the shadows and no longer perceived dead. It is good many of you kept in contact over these long years and for many, it's like you never left. For our accomplishments have gone unnoticed our influence goes unhinged.
    Ok enough of that. I love information, and with that power comes change. Each member has the power to create change for the better, each member contains a choice....Restraint, or action.
    For what information you give me in secret, I will not and can not tell another.
    If I find out something, from someone else. I will use.
    For those who do not know what I am saying, what euro corp is, or how far this rabbit hole deepens.. look down first...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Diplomacy is just the way groups of people work together. I think any multiplayer game already has diplomacy in its nature, and there is no need for game mechanics for it.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Fancy words.

Good luck, hope you don't screw it up too badly.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Leanson, come on. You of all people should know that you can't restore Euro-Corp. Ridik is gone, and Jaas is now in a faction that's allied against Odium.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Jaas is now in a faction that's allied against Odium.
    I wasn't aware that Euro-corp hinged around Jaas. If you meant it in "we can counter whatever you do" kinda way, it doesn't seem like Ridik is in charge this time, and so you cant be absolutely sure you'll face the same challenges. There is more than 1 way to skin a goat for sacrifice, and then you add in the Ghost fleet (which apparently wasn't dead afterall). I doubt Jaas knows all of them by name.

As for the "Ridik is Gone" thing, Euro-corp revolved around 3 people; Ridik, Leanson, and the Ghost Fleet Admiral. All of them were capable enough to act on their own, so while the Ridik charm is missing, it in no ways means it has less potential.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    With leanson now leading Euro-corp, it would not surprise me to see Euro-corp ally itself with Odium

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    With leanson now leading Euro-corp, it would not surprise me to see Euro-corp ally itself with Odium
    Considering that Euro-Corp was one of the founding factions of Odium... yeah, probably? It's kind of auto-implied that any attempts at reviving Euro are not just Odium allies, but Odium members.

I wasn't aware that Euro-corp hinged around Jaas.
    Not what I was saying. If former officers have left, and the leader everyone counted as the main important one is gone, it's probably time for it to die. Plus, let's be real here, Cyber. Euro-Corp isn't even close to the same without Ridik's insane social engineering skills and charm.

Last edited:

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm honestly dissapointed. Obviously Euro-Corp didn't revolve around me, but when I created my own thing, I chose to leave the name intact. Using the original name at this point is an awkward proposal. Whatever legacy it has can, and will be stomped out if this faction continues, given the current meta of the forums and game. Perhaps to pay homage, you should name yourself as I did, not with the original, but something close to it. And as such, I encourage all of the members of my faction, and if they agree, allied factions to call you World of Blake.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Lecic I'd actually be more scared of leanson (compared to ridik) if I wasn't allied with euro-corp. Contrarily to Ridik Leanson won't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Lecic I'd actually be more scared of leanson (compared to ridik) if I wasn't allied with euro-corp. Contrarily to Ridik Leanson won't hesitate to pull the trigger.
    Sorry to laugh at that, but that has some faults. Ridik "pulled the trigger" several times while I was with him, I don't believe I ever saw a situation where he didn't pull the trigger without cause. In addition to that, with the social structure of most of the factions I like to associate with, an attack using traditional social engineering (i.e. spais) wouldn't cause a large stir. Possibly they could reveal some secret, but you guys have been consistantly finding everything we leave out, so there's no threat of finding more. Converting someone is still an option, but everyone's so weary of Ridiks shit that (at least my own faction) has systems in place to deal with it. I honestly see no threat here.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Sorry to laugh at that, but that has some faults. Ridik "pulled the trigger" several times while I was with him, I don't believe I ever saw a situation where he didn't pull the trigger without cause. In addition to that, with the social structure of most of the factions I like to associate with, an attack using traditional social engineering (i.e. spais) wouldn't cause a large stir. Possibly they could reveal some secret, but you guys have been consistantly finding everything we leave out, so there's no threat of finding more. Converting someone is still an option, but everyone's so weary of Ridiks shit that (at least my own faction) has systems in place to deal with it. I honestly see no threat here.
    Fair enough, you know more of the old Euro-corp than I do so you're probably right. However, don't underestimate Leanson (I'm talking from experience here).

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thank you.
    Looking to hire mercenaries, individual players, and factions for work, play, and fun. Pm me if you are interested. I have alot of work, contracts to fill, and diplomatic relationships to adjust. Thank you all for your time.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    From what I can tell from the OP this appears to be a recruitment thread. I'd like to suggest that if you have issues with the content you report it. If you have issues with concept PM the OP. If you're not joining or just want to discuss the faction in general - all I ask is you keep it civil and on topic.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thank you warsong. When you say odium, you include all members tao.
    Coming soon Euro-corp web forums.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Dunno what might be scarier.

An Euro-Corp led by Ridik, or an Euro-corp lead by Leanson.

Or it might be both :D

*Tinfoil hat time

Reactions: Creeper__God
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    One day leason I'm sure you will learn how to fight ships that are bigger than your own by a great amount.
    Alright, I just post it here. It's leanson btw lol.
    One day joel sure you will learn how to fight ships smaller than your own ship by a great amount.. I'm not complaining about your ship size, just so you know. Just simply stating your ship size and with the game how it is, what is required to kill it. Also, joel, I don't require lag to kill my opponents. Is that why you always us large ships?
    Also this is a conversation o wish to have, yes a little fun to have these, I'm sure joel will come up with a good answer and response.

Reaction score
    Alright, I just post it here. It's leanson btw lol.
    One day joel sure you will learn how to fight ships smaller than your own ship by a great amount.. I'm not complaining about your ship size, just so you know. Just simply stating your ship size and with the game how it is, what is required to kill it. Also, joel, I don't require lag to kill my opponents. Is that why you always us large ships?
    Also this is a conversation o wish to have, yes a little fun to have these, I'm sure joel will come up with a good answer and response.

If I remember correctly a fair few people said that restrictions force creativity when they demanded ship size limits on EE. You have a restriction of using a small ship to take out a large one, so get creative.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So you are giving me a restriction on what I can use now lol. You don't want me to be creative. I take my time when I build mind you, spending weeks or months on a ship, filling in details and making it look really good. Can you post a picture of your ship, I swear, its its a doom cube, im done. If it looks decently built and looks good. Alright we can be a little creative. This is the restriction I place on you. If we are going to fight you are going to do it with a decent looking ship....