Error when setting up server

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'm trying to set up a server for me and a few friends. I'm getting an SQL error: SQLException: Database lock acquisition failure: lockFile: org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile@4e40d3dd[file =C:\StarMade\StarMade\server-database\indez\.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false,] method: checkHeartbeat read: 2013-06-21 01:51:22 heartbeat - read: -8302 ms. I've tried putting the @ECHO OFF prefix in front of the java code, but that makes it so the batch file closes immediately after it opens. The code is as follows:

@ECHO OFF :restart java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xincgc -Xshare:eek:ff -jar StarMade.jar -server goto restart

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That error usually means the game can\'t access the map database because of file permission issues. Try rebooting your computer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I\'ve tried restarting my computer multiple times to no avail. How would I go about giving the program permission to access files on my computer?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The database may also be corrupted, and need to be erased and started over.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I\'ve reinstalled it, also to no avail. You said before it could be a permissions error - how do I give the batch file and star-made.exe permission to acceess and change files? Even if it\'s not that relevant, my windows has a tendency to botch up permissions, and I\'m starting to think that\'s what it did to StarMade.