Error when setting up server

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I am trying to set up a server for me and a few friends, but whenever I click "Start Dedicated Server" after running the batch file, I get this error: SQLException: Database lock acquisition failure: lockFile: org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile@4e40d3dd[file =C:\StarMade\StarMade\server-database\indez\.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false,] method: checkHeartbeat read: 2013-06-21 01:51:22 heartbeat - read: -8302 ms.

I have tried starting the server first, then running the batch, and I still get the same thing. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a solution for this problem. (I only know for windows. Sorry Mac and Linux)

1. Go to Starmade folder. (It\'s will be in probably be in downloads unless you moved it)

2. Open the StarMade-dedicated-server-windows batch file with notepad.

3. Before the java thing (java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xincgc -Xshare:eek:ff -jar StarMade.jar -server) put @ECHO OFF :restart

4. Then after the java thing put

goto restart

5. Save and Exit.

6. BAM! Open the batch file and there ya go!

Inside the batch file it should look like this ( Disregard the huge spaces in between ):

@ECHO OFF

:restart

java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xincgc -Xshare:eek:ff -jar StarMade.jar -server
    goto restart

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Is the batch supposed to immediately close after I double-click it? Because that\'s what\'s happening now and I have a strange feeling that\'s not right. The batch file is as follows:

@ECHO OFF :restart java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xincgc -Xshare:eek:ff -jar StarMade.jar -server goto restart

Reaction score
    If you need help with starting up a server, or have any question of any kind, please post your questions in the proper catagory*.

*This is not the right catagory, you should have posted this in the \"Help\" section.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They have to be on seperate lines like this.

@ECHO

:restart

Etc.

Not on the same line.