Eritech Aerospace Systems

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Update: Two more images added re: Project Miranda.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I'm back after a long absence from the game. Looking forward to checking out some of the new features and enjoying the dodecahedral planets etc. Project Miranda still exists and is still on-going. I kept losing a lot of work to the rollback bug and it really put me off trying to build any more - so frustrating. Now that it appears to be fixed I can get back on with building Miranda and enjoying putting in her interior.

Another project has been started as a side in the mean time, that is Project Europa, see the master post for further information about this Class-1 Assault Carrier designed in Trimble Sketchup by yours truly. If anybody wants the connection info/whitelist for my server don't hesitate to give me a shout. I'd love to get to know some other builders and built along side some experienced hands.

Dan, out.

Reactions: NuclearFun
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Added my version of the Coalition Kamov Torpedo-bomber from Starlancer. It's not really in the Halo universe context of my thread but I guess I can fix all that later. It's no dramas.

I loved Starlancer, it was the first space sim I played and I am one of apparently very few loyal fans of the game in existence in the world. If anybody else here has played the game you'll know there are a whole whack of great ships to be built from it. I intend to build several more, including capital ships in the future. Stay tuned!

Dan

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Another update on Project Miranda.

Still to do:
    • Lower prow.
    • Engines.
    • Command module.
    • Full interior.
    • Offensive/Defensive systems.
    • Power infrastructure

Looks amazing, I like :)

Reactions: Dandy
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

More progress. I've started work on the engine nacelles, those are almost done. Then I need to construct the external plating and once that's done, on to the command module. I'm really looking forward to working with the interior of this ship, but I refuse to allow myself the pleasure until the exterior is one hundred percent. You can see there are a few slight modifications to the original Paris-class model in the Halo media. This was because the model in the games isn't actually completely accurate in terms of canon dimensions. There are four doors on the pods instead of six because I wanted them to be wide enough to accommodate a Pelican dropship of full size. There isn't enough room to make functional lifeboats at the moment, but if I or somebody else can come up with a design that is aesthetically accurate (at least to the ship's externals) and that works, I'll incorporate functional lifeboats.

For the interior, I'll be constructing it to "RP" specification. Everything you would expect to find aboard a functional warship in the Halo universe will be in there as best I can create it. I also intend to incorporate logic systems, but will not try to do this until everything else is done and I have read up about them properly.

Ultimately, this is supposed to be a fanon post Human-Covenant war refit of the Paris-class Frigate and a few features will reflect that. It's designed to be as functionally accurate as possible and as such isn't going to be able to go toe-to-toe with doomcubes and other "PvP Ships" of comparable size.

Constructive feedback is always welcome in my thread. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Revised some prow detailing.

Completed the upper nacelle plating.

I hate the corrugated effect on this, but it seems I have no choice but to stick with it if I am to get the proper angle on the plates. One of the few limitations of voxel games...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You could always build bigger if you're worried about too much jaggedness, even the smallest UNSC frigates are nearly 500 metres long.

Reactions: Dandy
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Paris-class ships are precisely 530 metres long. This version is a refitted Paris-class. She's around 600 metres long, any larger than this and I'm breaking the canonical specs too much for my liking. All of my ships are built to canonical specs, as best I get them.

Reactions: Krutzelpuntz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Yes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421169681,1421169614][/DOUBLEPOST]More like 1:1.01

Reactions: Top 4ce