Epoch of Desolation 2.0

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I reserve the right to deny any and all applications that i see fit.

Epoch of Desolation is a heavy RP server that i run from a Dedicated Server hosted in France.
    The server is Public!
    Server IP is: 94.23.55.153:4242

Anyone can join, i simply request you chat with (( and )) for things not related to in-game activities.
    You will be inside of a spawn-camp until a admin approves you or you apply here.

The year is 2200.
    Most of humanity is scattered and what remains of the old empires is little but scraps of the great fleets that once waged war.
    Timeline

2040: Mars is colonized, research into FTL travel continues at a rapid pace, corporations race to research the elusive way to travel.
    2050: Europa and Io are colonized, discovery of new minerals heats up the race for FTL technology.
    2101: The Federation is formed, governing all of Sol's colonies, rebels begin to dissent on Io due to lack of supplies, people call for independence from the Federation.
    2104.2: The colony located on Io, Odyssey, declares independence from the Federation. The Federation fleet mobilizes to recapture the colony and annihilate any resistance to the Federation's power.
    2110.4: Odyssey falls to the Federation after five years of bloody warfare, thousands of lives are lost to the war, the Federation begins to rebuild the colony of Odyssey.
    2112: A unknown fleet jumps into the Sol system, first contact goes horribly wrong, the Federation suffers heavy losses to the alien fleet.
    2145: The Federation falls to the alien menace, Terra is all but annihilated along with Mars and Odyssey. Suvivors flee to Europa's colony, Endeavor. A small resistance forms.
    2146: A experimental FTL drive is recovered and fitted to a colony ship, the New Hope.
    2157: New Hope is completed and warps to deep space, establishing the colony of New Terra.
    2157.2: New Terra falls to lack of supplies, estimations of remaining humans in the galaxy fall to 1,000.
    2167: Attempts are made to start the recolonization of New Terra, the result is failure. More humans are lost, population levels fall to 500 humans remaining, scattered around the galaxy.
    2170: The only legacy humanity has from the days of the Federation is small bands of 10 to 30 people fighting for survival in scrap-heaps of ships, there is no organized government nor any remnant of the Federation.

Current date: 200 years post-epoch after the fall of humanity, things are starting to come back together, small colonies forming around ramshackle stations, often called "Shantytowns". Est human population is 3500, growing slowly. The Al-Hassir are still a threat in Tau Ceti.

Application Form
    Name:
    What do you intend to do upon joining the server?:
    Complete this phrase: Ad Astra per ---

RULES!
    1. No stealing ships UNLESS given permission by the owner of said ships, this MUST be confirmed with an admin.
    2. PvP in spawn is NOT allowed, this WILL result in a unwhitelisted if you do not explain yourself promptly.
    3. RP first. All ships should have RP rooms such as a mess hall, bunks, weapon stations, bridge, engineering, reactors, etc, fighters not included. Any ships considered OP will encounter problems during engagements and may or may not face the wrath of aliens. In addition, all RP qualified ships will be insured of lost.
    4. Have fun, this server isn't about annihilating everything you see, it's about having fun in the given scenario.
    5. Do not push ships out of spawn.
    General notes.
    Shield modules are very rare, most ships will rely on thick armor to protect themselves, ditto for AMC cannons.
    The price for hardened hulling will be lowered, due to the rarity of shielding, missiles will also be cheaper.
    Most ships should mount missiles and not AMCs due to the immense cost of mounting them.
    Refer to the Tectum Clementia wiki for a guide to what ships should have in terms of rooms.
    Damage beams and most effect modules will be very rare.

The server is currently UP, hosted on a dedicated server in France.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Ahhh what the heck

Name: Thadius Faran
    Bio:
    Brief Description
    Old Empire Navy Officer who took his ship and left before everything went to hell. His ship is Wolfs Claw and is an Erosion class Destroyer (Meets Roleplay requirements) It has old systems though and will not be up to par with newer vessels despite it's size (Has not been updated since weapons update)

About Thadius
    Strategic in nature he weighs the pros and cons of everything and is cautious about many things. However he is not a strict commander, often times seen talking to the crew as dear friends. His main goal is to insure the survival of his crew and the ship due to being (as far as he knows) the last shred of the Old Empire​

What do you intend to do upon joining the server?
    Go around Startrek Enterprise style with one ship at the beginning then eventually setting up a small base to support my ship and construct AI Patrol ships to secure the area and stuff. Basically keep to my self at that point.

Reactions: Megacrafter127

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Admiralkio likes to make things like that harder yes. I wonder if she has changed the random event stations?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Nothing is impossible to craft, hard to get, but not impossible. For now while im preparing, im not gonna accept or deny apps. There are blueprints. Each player is allowed unlimited blueprints but, i request it be kept to only 10 in interests of server performance.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So how come all your server Roleplays go on and off? Is it player count or money?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    End of this week, it's actual ready now but im giving myself some time incase something goes wrong/needs adjusting.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You know two testers is better than one ;) Plus I seem to have a knack for finding issues.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    WELCOME BACK TO THE EPOCH!
    The server is new and recreated, hosted on the best server i can get for you guys!
    There are THREE new Starter-Ships, and countless possibilities for events, roleplay, and many other things!
    First off!
    The Avenger Battle-platform

Weighing in at 2200 tonnes, the Avenger is a mainstay of lone combat. Fitted with two dual Mass Drivers-firing shards of semi-metalic materials at 44% of light, the Avenger is able to take a punch, and deal out two kicks in a second. The ship is unshielded and does not generate much power, running on two fission reactors.
    She mounts eight forced-fusion engines, and she is quite slow still, with a 1/3 thrust/mass ratio. She has a length of 89 meters-and is the largest starting ship.

Next up, the Thermoplayae Mining ship.

The Thermoplayae Mining ship is small-bu luxurious. With spacious crew quarters, captains quarters, a mess and briefing room, this small ship packs a lot into a tiny space.
    She has dual mining arrays and is the only starter ship fitted with energy shielding.
    She is powered by two dual fusion reactors, powering her large and flared engines.

Finally, the WhiteStar Cargo Ship!

The WhiteStar is a mainstay in Cargo shipping. With a large cargobay and extremely large engines, the WhiteStar can carry hundreds of goods. She is powered by a single fusion reactor and has four ion engines, and two forced fusion engines for in-system flight. She mounts four 80mm autocannons for self-defense.
    She can carry a crew of 12, but operates on a crew of 2.
    That's all for Starting Ships.
    Onto the next thing!
    Occasionally, you will run into a scrap field, this chance is determined by your ship's abilities. Say, you have a sensor array, well, you just happen to locate a motherload in terms of salvage.
    Except one thing.
    It's guarded by balls of absolute Hell, aptly named HellDrones.
    These buggers lock on and fire missiles, they may not do much as one, but with twelve of them, the damage adds up extremely quickly.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    We are now public!
    Anyone can join, i simply request you chat with (( and )) for things not related to in-game activities.
    You will be inside of a spawn-camp until a admin approves your or you apply here.

Server IP is: 94.23.55.153:4242

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Application Form
    Name: Ruden Solic

Bio:
    Ruden was born and raised on a freighter that traded between the human Shantytowns. Although life was good with his family, he hadn't spent much time with the larger groups of humans in the Shantytowns and planet-side colonies. Once a spacer, always a spacer they say; and when his parents finally choose to retire to a colonial life, Ruden was called back to a life among the stars. After a few years of serving with the other freighters and mining ships, he has finally earned enough credits to purchase his own small ship and begin his own journey.

What do you intend to do upon joining the server?:
    Having a streak of daring, something his father would phrase as recklessness, he plans to head off the trade lanes, explore and find new resources to aid in the rebuilding of human civilization.

Complete this phrase: Ad astra per... aspera!

Reaction score
    Name: Duffreaper
    Bio:I was born to a small trading colony in the far reach's of earths remaining people in April 21st, 2183
    My Father was the colonies patriarch, we were a generally peaceful colony. We encountered few bandits along our travels. One day some of the colonists started to argue that we should settle on a planet and ask for people to come to us. My father wouldn't have any of it, the people turned to mutiny and killed my father and my mother. So I fled in a spare cruiser with nothing but the stars behind me and vast depths of space looming over me......
    What do you intend to do upon joining the server?: This server seems pretty fun and the role playing stuff seems cool :D
    Complete this phrase: Ad Astra per Aspera

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Name: Kayla Greene

Bio: Born and raised in a nondescript Shantytown, she joined the colony's defense force at a rather young age, desiring to protect her home. She rose through the ranks, quickly becoming the leader of the hodgepodge fleet of modified freighters and mining ships, but tragically soon after, a large pirate force swept through, smashing through the defenses and razing the shantytown to the ground. She and some crew were able to escape on one of the mining vessels, and now fly across the galaxy looking for a new home. While she still seems rather confident and cheerful, the tragedy of losing her home still weighs heavily on her mind.

What do you intend to do upon joining the server?: Gather resources and work on building a new ship, possibly forming a new colony, or joining an existing one.

Complete this phrase: Ad Astra per Aspera

Reaction score
    Name: Fang Riehm
    Bio: Orphan who grew up and became a pilot because of his interest in space. His father, before his death, was a miner, and every now and then would take Fang with him. Seeing his father killed scarred him, the vision of his father half blown away by a missile, still etched into his mind.
    What do you intend to do upon joining the server?: I plan to learn the basics all while having a fun time on a server that is a lot more fun that massive PvP Everywhere i look. Maybe a mining operation or small scale freight line might be formed from Fang Enterprises!
    Complete this phrase: Ad Astra Per Aspera