Engine Performance

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I see plenty of threads I agree with about being able to hyper-jump to a set of coordinates, but what about top speed in general?

I think the vessel's top speed, though it should technically be limitless since it's space, for this game should be based on the ship's thrust-to-weight ratio. Also, I'd love it if adding multiple engine groups were to increase the ship's turn rate, as having RCS thrusters on a space craft would. One engine would turn a craft very slowly, but several large engine chunks spread around the vessel would give it quite a bit of control!

Of course, I suppose this'd make capital ships way too overpowered, wouldn't it...

On second thought, ignore me. I'm gonna end the world by accident one of these days...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think the vessel\'s top speed, though it should technically be limitless since it\'s space, for this game should be based on the ship\'s thrust-to-weight ratio.

It is

One engine would turn a craft very slowly, but several large engine chunks spread around the vessel would give it quite a bit of control!

Yes.. this would lead to 525,000 Mass vessels with the agility of a Fighter(25mass).. Bad idea IMO