• I have a better idea

Votes: 1 6.7%
    • Too long Dun Read, I am a fking Illiterate

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    What if we explain the power reactor in Starmade is generating and using up some kind of energy particles.
    Like those use in Gundam series, eg. Minovsky Particles / GN Particles

Let's say the power reactor will generate "X" Particles
    Then use the "X" particle to generate power for the ship/station.

And due to Resonance of particles, when there is a bigger source of "X" particle.
    According to different % of resonance, power reactor will generate different amount of power.

There will be different % of resonance due to frequency.
    So each faction will have their own frequency of "X" particle.

For example,
    When there have no resonance source, basic one block of power reactor will generate 10 power/s
    When there have other faction's source, basic one block of power reactor will generate 10*5=50 power/s
    When there have your own faction's source, basic one block of power reactor will generate 10*10=100 power/s

Which means when you are at 2,2,2 the begin sector which belongs to the trade faction
    you ship will have 10*5=50 power/s per block (simplified, still need to apply to the power formula)
    And when you are at your own territory, your ship will have 10*10=100 power/s per block

Ship and ship should not be resonance with each other for simplify calculation.
    We should have a station only block to turn the station's power reactor system into resonance-able
    And when your two system or territory is join together side by side, you will have a higher resonance%

To Sum Up,
    if we have this system, we can:
    1.) To promote player to expend territories
    2.) To slow down player's feet into remote systems (jump drive can't jump to place without particle spread)

Because of 2, population is increased, more easy to run into other player, more interaction
    Then because of 1, there is a reason for player to form allies or fight each other for the "useful" territories

Then, how to travel to remote area to clean up the fog of war in the map?
    Or how to overcome the disadvantage when you are fighting in your enemy's territories?

EXTRA FUEL !!!
    Which is blocks of solidify "X" Particles, which can produce in factories by using ores to form container
    then push in the particles generated from the resonance-able source of power reactor.
    When in battle, you can release the particles back to normal form around the ship to have a better resonance%
    To travel with jump drive, can overdrive the jump drive with the blocks of "X" particles.

Reaction score
    What if [...] when there have is another faction's source (=enemy territory), basic one block of power reactor will generate 10*5=50 power/s
    When there have is your own faction's source (=own territory), basic one block of power reactor will generate 10*10=100 power/s
    [...]
    Then [...] how to overcome the disadvantage when you are fighting in your enemy's territories?
    EXTRA FUEL !!!
    [...] can be produced in factories by using ores
    [...]When in battle, you can increase your power generation
    To travel with jump drive, you can overdrive the jump drive with these blocks
    ...to sum it up. English isn't my first language aswell, but some parts were exspecially hard to read thus the corrections.

Tl;dr: You have increased power generation in your own claimed territory.
    This will encourage players to expand.
    But doesn't this discourage players from invading the systems owned by other players?
    Add EXTRA FUEL !!!

You should rename the title:
    Energy Particle EXTRA FUEL !!! System

And why do you need technobubble to explain your proposal anyway?
    When i skimmed through your post and saw the wikipedia-link I initially thought you were proposing to implement somekind of real life particle physics theory to starmade to find a completly reasonable explanation for starmade power reactors defying the first law of thermodynamics. I actually love defying the first law of thermodynamics. Please don't take it away from me.
    Thankfully i kept reading until eventually finding out you were talking about a specific franchise (=gundam).
    ...this doesn't make it any better.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I really do love this idea! As you said, it gives reason to expand you territories among other things. We might not even need invulnerable homebases if we get this system, instead the homebase could have a very strong faction source allowing the base and everything around it to be quite powerful. :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yeah, sure, just give people TEN TIMES THE POWER GENERATION inside their own territory. This will have absolutely no horrendous balance effects.

All this will do is discourage any sort of invasion. No thanks.

Reaction score
    Yeah, sure, just give people TEN TIMES THE POWER GENERATION inside their own territory. This will have absolutely no horrendous balance effects.

All this will do is discourage any sort of invasion. No thanks.
    for example only, ofcoz we need to keep the number and formula balance to play with

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    for example only, ofcoz we need to keep the number and formula balance to play with
    No, I think you misunderstood. This is overpowered in a way that "balancing" cannot repair. It is inherently broken. You cannot give friendly ships a massive buff in their own territory, when they can already set up defenses and call on swarms of reinforcements with ease.

Reaction score
    No, I think you misunderstood. This is overpowered in a way that "balancing" cannot repair. It is inherently broken. You cannot give friendly ships a massive buff in their own territory, when they can already set up defenses and call on swarms of reinforcements with ease.
    i think you have misunderstand this a bit, there is a solution to overcome the buff, is to bring your own particles to the field.
    And if you don't bring your own particles, you still have the resonance buff, but less than the faction who are in their own territory.

For example.
    without resonance, one block can only generate 1 power/s
    with other resonance(even trade/pirate base nearby), one block can only generate 19 power/s
    with own resonance, one block can only generate 20 power/s

The main reason for this is to encourage player to set up more territories
    Also reduce the spread of player to remote area, to increase the chance to meet other players

Reaction score
    Lecic, you've missed the point.

This isn't a buff, it's a worthless pile of crap.

You design a ship around it's power consumption. Weapons, thrust, even shields to some extent, jump drives, all require POWER. So we're going to build ships based around a 10x bonus, making that ship utterly unusable anywhere BUT our own faction's territory?

Not likely. We'll make ships capable of operating anywhere (Like we already do), capable of running with their own power wherever they are, COMPLETELY INVALIDATING this addition.

EDIT:
    Almost forgot: This really only buffs stations, meaning that a station now needs 1/10 of its previous power-gen requirements, and comes with it's own power buff......Really? We're REALLY discouraging attacks now. Now we're making huge gun platforms need even LESS infrastructure to run. AND attempting to give advantages for making the same platforms.
    Why? Just why?

(Intelligent people gave up on useless things like gunboats and coast-defense battleships a century ago. Get with the times, people)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Ah, I see. The suggestion wasn't clear about how these "particles" were something actually stored and not just a lore thing.

So, that leads me to ask- What the fuck is the point of it being in the game if it doesn't even serve the primary purpose of "encouraging expansion" in any way that an inverted FP config and passive resource gathering from planets could?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I suggest that stations power cap is increased to 10 million and a new block is added.
    The block when placed on a station can transfer power to any entity in the system with a efficiency of 50%. The block can have multiply functions. 1. Transfer power to certain entity/ies: selected ships could be added to a list and ordered from most important ship to least, Most important ship will receive power first (could possibly make so each entity has a set amount of power it can receive) . 2. Transfer power evenly to all allied ships in system. 3. Transfer power to allied ships based on demand.
    The maximum power the block can use can also be set so it doesn't consume all the stations power.
    When the block is placed on a ship it has a range of one sector.

Reaction score
    Why an energy-sharing ability at all? Like I said, it's useless unless you plan to be foolish and build drones or ships dependent on that extra energy.

As far as I know, very few builders here are foolish enough to tie valuable military units to a power source that can be destroyed, giving the enemies a clear way to kill a bunch of now-powerless (Sorry, all of you who hate puns....but it had to be done) drones or other vessels.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okey Lecic and Madman198237 There is no need to get emotional about a SUGGESTION.
    Though Gamel has possibly not thought about the horrible consequences this change would bring, there is no need to bring it in this form of speech, we can simply tell him the flaws with respect and maybe he comes with a solution to that. No, I'm not saying we should cover all of our messages with rainbows and add a few fabulous compliments to it but there's no need to get that disrespectful.

I do have to agree though, this suggestion would discourage combat in a major way.