Energy Calculation

Reaction score
    I noticed that Energy per second gain gets lowered really quick - advancing over 1 million is really difficult and no matter what you do (except maybe building an thousand block long line) the energy-efficency drops below 300per block and is therefore not effectively useable by Stealth ships.

Another side effect is that my Borg Cube hasn´t enough power to fire his main weapon permanently (yeah it uses around 1.5million)I got to place more energy on that thing again...

I think it is energy efficency should be lowered in steps giving small vessels a boost and allowing better armed medium ships but also allowing Planetoids/dreadnoughts to gain energy more steady

What do you think about this?

Reaction score
    Actually there is no proof for it being not able to do that

I mean sure when using it in part 6 they needed time before they shoot again but I think it was mainly about setting a new target (a moon-sized object needs a few second to do that aparently)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoeEdW-EDQ

go to 0:40

and you didn´t got the point I want to be able to build an stealthship not consisting of nothing but energy blocks...

and some deathstar guns

Reaction score
    It works great as is, it puts limits which are needed. Also having a single super energy wasting AMC will give you much less DPS than a few smaller arrays which will also use less power.

If you want more power, you can keep shoving in Power Generators (at a point you\'ll only get 25 e/sec each), or design smaller / more efficiently.