Bug Enemy ship positions shift around erratically.

Reaction score
    When in combat with a wave of pirates near a planet, some will switch between two spots over and over. It appears to be ones that are close to a sector boundary, and their position in space gets all bugged out. If I had to guess, it'd be a problem of sector faces not lining up correctly.

This has also happened when targeting a ship in another sector with the navigation menu, approaching them, and them completely changing position once you enter their sector. In some cases I'd been flying towards an Isanth, come within 600 meters of it, entered its sector, and had it instantly be 1000 meters behind me without ever passing it.

This has been happening in multiplayer, and I haven't tried single player. My friends that I'm playing with have said they've tried single player, and that this happens there too. I would report this on Phabricator, but it's not sending me a confirmation email after several days and resend requests. This is easily the single biggest bug we've been dealing with, aside from the whole collisions sometimes bugging out and throwing your ship several sectors away or clipping you into the center of a planet.

I've found a thread from two years ago talking about this, so it doesn't seem to be a new problem. Is there a way to fix it? The settings, as far as I'm aware, are standard.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Planet Sectors are strange and they also rotate inside. It gets rather annoying to be shooting across planet to space sector boundaries, works just fine attacking from outside to inside though depending on what at. And yes this bug gets extremely annoying. >_>

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Dang this hasn't been fixed yet? I remember having this bug back when dodecahedron planets were just new. o_O

Reaction score
    It's been a bug for a long time. Sectors don't line up properly, something throws off their 3D space rendering when you cross the boundaries. You usually teleport when crossing, from a little bit to near a kilometer and a half. Really screwy. However, targeting across sectors works fine. Just when you cross over it jumps you.

Reaction score
    Oh the annoyance of flying a large-ish ship towards your enemy....and then having them be behind your behemoth that can't turn to save it's life.

You're right, this bug is old, it's annoying, and it seriously needs a fix.