Enemy loot config for server admins

Reaction score
    I've been running a smallish private server for my group of friends and am currently working on a balanced economy config. One thing that would make it much easier to prevent gaining insane amounts of credits very quickly is a config file that would define the items that can be used for enemy loot, and also a way to set the rarity of individual items.

Although I can modify prices, I feel that having more control over what kinds of things can be used as enemy loot and the rarity of high value items would provide a lot more flexibility for server admins trying to customize economy.

Thanks for a great game, we're all having a lot of fun.

Reaction score
    you\'ll get support from me on this, i also run a small server for my friends and since i play the most its kind of ridiculous trying to stop myself from way outgunning my friends because every time i play even just to build pirates show up, i kill them, gain 60 billion credits, and then my friends are left in the dust. which makes them mad at me, even though i share everything with them, and then the game is less fun for everyone involved.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Could pirate loot be limited to certain value ranges calculated according to server market values? Bigger ships give good loot as salvage so I don\'t see real need to modify by challenge.

Reaction score
    How about excluding faction modules from loot..............

One guy I know found like 500 faction modules in a plex storage, pirate station.

That\'s just insane.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I thought .cfg only has amounts of stacks and amount in stack, that doesn\'t really do the same when they have stuff like level 5 minerals and faction modules on regular basis, but not every time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well you can\'t tweak the rarity of individual blocks, but you can greatly reduce the amount of loot dropped from pirates and found inside random plexstorage containers. Just open the server.cfg file in your StarMade folder, and change the following lines:

AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 1.0 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 1.0 //multiply amount of items spawned after AI destruction. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 1.0 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 1.0 //multiply amount of items spawned in chests of generated chests. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none

I recommend values as low as 0.1 or even lower, like 0.05

I personally would LOVE to have the ability to tweak rarity of each block as you suggest. Or at least be able to have a sell and buy price that are different so players can\'t sell everything for full retail value. Really makes no sense if you think about it. How would the shops make any money at all if they sell everything for the same price they buy it for?

I also hope in the future we will be able to make abandoned stations much rarer, or much smaller. It\'s kinda rediculous how much money you can make by salvaging stations and selling the hull/plexglass/power blocks from them.

Reaction score
    Major economy reconstruction is coming in beta, if it becomes a serious issue then it may come sooner.