Enemy and drone ships shoot in random directions and turret bugs

Reaction score
    When flying around watching enemy and neutral ships fight, depending on your position, they will shoot in different directions all at the same time. If you move close to a ship, it shoots at what it should be shooting at, but if you move away the fire can go in the complete opposite direction of where it is supposed to be going.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with how sectors currently work, but I think this is a pretty big issue, as it doesn't really make sense during a battle that everything will shoot in one direction vs another depending on your position.

Turrets also appear to jump around off of a ship when observing another ship. when further away, i'm not sure if this is related

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah and in addition to this AI is so bugged that will shoot own facion members after they exit neutral ship or even build block i truly hate it.

edit:

( AI in this game was major fault since i remember - it is getting unbearable already. Plus those so called \"turrets\" that stays 1km behind ships when crossing sectors, no one seems to care about those details .)

Yeah i know there are more important things like stability and performance and it is Alpha and its free ...

But we spend our time on this project also playing and finding bugs and often giving you guys good ideas and supporting you .

-I have quick and simple idea for performance, decrease amount of blocks on ships, throw to garbage those hundreds thousands stacked power gens and shields, replace them with bigger or same size single cubes and there you have your performance Schema -

hope someone will see this response.

regards

Paul

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But when schema wants to fix it. AI is damn complicated to get right and this isnt his full time job ( I believe he has another). He can do what he wants to. Dont do a rocket hall case. He posted on twitter about playing KSP and everybody told him to shove it and finish DayZ. Give Game Devs A Break!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yeah i can understand that , didnt even know that he have soemthing to do with DayZ

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, Turrets will try to shoot through friendly ships to hit enemies. I didn\'t notice much damage, but the fire hit the shields of a friendly faction ship that was undocked, but passed through a docked friendly faction ship completely. AI should at least be able to tell if it\'s fire is blocked by a friendly vessel.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    and to avoid server crashes perhaps should be able to detect objects ahead and change route not ramming it silly