Emperius Fleets

Reaction score
    I will post links to my ships immediately after adding them so I don't forget, but they will not be available until approved.

See my ships below.

"Raptor" primarily a missile Destroyer http://starmadedock.net/content/emperius-raptor.411/

"Hector" Currently my closest thing to a carrier, holding 4 fighters http://starmadedock.net/content/emperius-hector.446/

"Hawk F2" A radar Jamimg Destroyer. http://starmadedock.net/content/emperius-hawk-f2.384/

Howk F1 is essentially an F2 before it was fleshed out, making it able to sustain both jamming and cloaking, at a cost to the payload and defenses.

"Robin" is my fleet support ship, with power beam/drain, astro/salvage. It also has two rear turrets and a few amcs to allow it to hang close to the action, though not in the thick of things. Robin is a rework of "The Scourge" http://starmadedock.net/content/robin.535/

The standard drop ship fighter, I am not uploading this one since it is in some of my other ships already.

"Falcon" our permanent cloaking and jamming corvette. It is primarily a patrol vic for the faction base, or for shuttle use, since it is cheap and stealthy. I will consider uploading this one at a later time.

The big ship "Priam" my biggest to date. It is operational right now, but the turrets are buggy, and I am going to change the bottom to allow easier fighter entry/exit from the hanger, and I will do some other interior work.

My newest WIP "Ajax" this ship will be a full out battle cruiser, no docked ships except one or two escape pods (because I have actually used pods to escape battles alive). I will update the picture as it developed.

Last edited:
    Reaction score

I value the view while piloting my ships. This is the view from "Hector" our second largest ship, while taking out our small missile frigate "Raptor."

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Your Priam is familiar somehow.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I thought I remembered it.

Reaction score
    I have been working to update and over haul my only true carrier "Hector" it still needs some minor cosmetic work, but it is a beast for its size.

It holds 4 of our standard droid fighters, and one shuttle.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It has not been approved yet :/

Reaction score
    My newest WIP (tired of trying to fix Priam) I call it Ajax.

That is over 3 mil power storage, probably all I will need, and most the weapons are installed. The back end is not even framed yet. Unlike any other of my works I cannot claim this one as entirely my conception since I drew inspiration from, though will not strictly use varius Star Wars separatists vessels.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Your ships are a bit boxy for my taste, but that's not a bad thing. They are still aesthetically pleasing. And they certainly look like they have enough firepower to get shit done. Props.

Reaction score
    Your ships are a bit boxy for my taste, but that's not a bad thing. They are still aesthetically pleasing. And they certainly look like they have enough firepower to get shit done. Props.
    I do aim for functionality, but I am sorry you are not impressed with the looks. Based on a lack of interest in this page I would assume many share your opinion, and I will thus be attempting to shake things up a little in the future. I will be a bit though since I am currently on vacation.

Reaction score
    I think the main "issue" if you will of your ships is that the design language isn't coherent within each ship as an individual and in your fleet as a whole. For example, the "Hector" has an interesting wedge-shaped front that looks somewhat like a stingray, but the back half is a box with what I assume to be engines in more rounded, pod-like shapes extending from the box. The "Hector" in particular would benefit from a tapered rear section that transitions better from the wedge shape. Your other ships also suffer from the lack of transitions between portions. A lot of them have the box attached to a bigger box feel there aren't any intermediate shapes to connect the portions.

As far as your entire fleet goes, there isn't much coherency between ship designs. An easy way to fix this is to choose an attribute and make it consistent throughout your entire fleet. A popular one is engines, but practically any attribute could be used for this, such as cockpits, wings, generally body shape, etc.

You could also be more liberal with the color application. Currently, the bigger ships only have small stripes of color. You could try to add more contrast by adding some black detailing or yellow to contrast the blue.

Other than that, the appearances of the ships seem to complement their intended role fairly well.

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    I think the main "issue" if you will of your ships is that the design language isn't coherent within each ship as an individual and in your fleet as a whole. For example, the "Hector" has an interesting wedge-shaped front that looks somewhat like a stingray, but the back half is a box with what I assume to be engines in more rounded, pod-like shapes extending from the box. The "Hector" in particular would benefit from a tapered rear section that transitions better from the wedge shape. Your other ships also suffer from the lack of transitions between portions. A lot of them have the box attached to a bigger box feel there aren't any intermediate shapes to connect the portions.

As far as your entire fleet goes, there isn't much coherency between ship designs. An easy way to fix this is to choose an attribute and make it consistent throughout your entire fleet. A popular one is engines, but practically any attribute could be used for this, such as cockpits, wings, generally body shape, etc.

You could also be more liberal with the color application. Currently, the bigger ships only have small stripes of color. You could try to add more contrast by adding some black detailing or yellow to contrast the blue.

Other than that, the appearances of the ships seem to complement their intended role fairly well.
    I greatly appreciate you taking the time to evaluate my ships like that, it is very helpful. I am still away from my personal computer but when I get back to the game I will consider the transitions more carefully. The new ship I am working on "Ajax" is inspired by something other than the spontaneity of my own brain, and will hopefully therefore be a more singular coherent ship. I really like the front heavy look (stingray as you say) and if you actually look in my ships you will notice a very familiar cockpit/bridge in all of them. I will try to adopt a fleet wide engine design to help consolidate the appearance. Thanks again, looking forward to giving newer and better products to the community.

Reaction score
    I greatly appreciate you taking the time to evaluate my ships like that, it is very helpful. I am still away from my personal computer but when I get back to the game I will consider the transitions more carefully. The new ship I am working on "Ajax" is inspired by something other than the spontaneity of my own brain, and will hopefully therefore be a more singular coherent ship. I really like the front heavy look (stingray as you say) and if you actually look in my ships you will notice a very familiar cockpit/bridge in all of them. I will try to adopt a fleet wide engine design to help consolidate the appearance. Thanks again, looking forward to giving newer and better products to the community.
    No problem! And the front-heavy look is pretty neat. I went back and looked at the cockpits and you're right; they all have the yellow-red glow and same general shape. Looking forward to your next ships.

Reaction score
    I worked up one of my WIPs, "The Scourge" now "Robin" to go with my theme of bird names for the smaller ships. I tried to incorporate the suggestions you gave by building on the front heavy look, developing an engine I will try to use again, transitions, colors, and many other small aspects. If you think it is a step in the right direction I will do the same on my bigger works.

Reaction score
    added a picture of the Hawk F1, my drone drop ship, and a patrol fighter, as well as an update photo on Ajax. (see the first post)

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Advice: "Your ships are a bit boxy, shape it out. Add more details to the hulls and other parts of the ship example: (armor plates or lights that bring out different colors to your hulls and it will also add shadow effects when ship is moving) ".

I'm not a fan of your work too but I would like to see you get better with your ship designs.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Advice: "Your ships are a bit boxy, shape it out. Add more details to the hulls and other parts of the ship example: (armor plates or lights that bring out different colors to your hulls and it will also add shadow effects when ship is moving) ".

I'm not a fan of your work too but I would like to see you get better with your ship designs.
    Working to improve, Robin is my last ship to make and an attempt to take the advice given here, thoughts on that specific ship? Is that what yall mean or no?

And ps- I am liking the one you are currently working on, it is a good example of your own advice, specifically the lighting.

Reactions: TheBlueThunder