EMP Cannons!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    EMP Cannons are often used in games as something that will disable power to a part of a ship/vehicle/building. Perhaps an EMP missile added to the game could be used to temporarily disable an enemy's main guns, allowing you to take the enemy out as the electronics recharge. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    Maybe when you fire the gun/cannon, it shoots out a coloured sphere. When the sphere hits an object, it disables any computers, power, thrusters etc, in a 3x3 radius. The EMP Cannon may use alot of power.

EMP Missiles may do the same thing, but also do a tiny amout of damage to the object.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The power drain beam is not an EMP. It (as identified in its name) drains power. What we\'re suggesting is a weapon that can STOP power flow, not redirect it. The idea is: shields get hit by EMP missile, shields temporarily lose partial power, lowering potency. A-M Cannons get hit, they are disabled. Energy reactors get hit, they are disabled. Thrusters get hit, you can\'t run. Weapons CPU gets hit, RUN.

Reaction score
    So essentially, you\'re looking for a missile that temporarily disables blocks in its radius instead of applying damage to them.

That\'s not a bad idea for an eventual game feature. It\'d be a bit of a hastle to get that effect, though, essentially disabling a group of blocks as though they\'d been destroyed, and re-enabling them when the effect wears off. As far as I know, there\'s no mechanic in place to do that sort of thing at the moment.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    the emp in my vision should be the one from the malevolence where its a giant blast and can knock everything out for a while but only works after its been charged up. In my opinion that would make my day, a giant emp gun that needs more power and more of the weapons to make the blast bigger to knock out anything in its path.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The addition of pulsars is practically an EMP blast, so this suggestion is obsolete.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do you realize how much power it would take to have an EMP expand from the center of your ship (plus the difficulty of keeping your ship\'s power online\" to effectively disable ships around you? It will certainly not work/ be balanced.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Heres an idea as I said in the MAC gun forum the x,y,z, will matter in this case like the more there are the bigger the radus, the longer the emp lasts and how fast it travels.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    no body had replied in a while so I figured it could use a bump

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    pulsers already do this. they are a close range weapon that pushes enemies away and stuns them momentarily.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah I know but what would you rather have a close and personal emp weapon or a long ranged one that can reach out and touch things plus this one could have the radius change, how long it last and how fast it travels put in here if we wanted plus I think the pulsator is kind of a waste of a weapon because who gets close to ships if you have AMC\'s and missiles?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a great idea a localized EMP would allow for fighting a greater range, instead of getting close to use your pulsars.

Also directional EMPs are real. They\'re using them in experimental fusion reactors. (EMPs that fire in one direction). They are going to use them to stablize the reactors.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    we need a little more ideas like how this could be put in the game how it will work and then all of the other mechanics... I have an idea of where the emps can travel for a certain amount of distance based on how many are X axis then Z will be how fast and then Y would be how big the blast is and it whould be able to travel for atleast 3-4 sectors maybe idk im just giving ideas