Eliminate Tedious Nature of Cubatom

Reaction score
    This is about the fabricate list and the refine clicking in cubatom. These aspects of cubatom kind of ruin the experience a bit.

The fabricate list seems to have been purposely mixed up to make it difficult to find things, and the one to one refine clicking seems to have been purposely made to limit the speed of cubatomming. There needs to be a better way to curb and balance the power of cubatom if these "features" were not there.

One good thing about the cubatom that makes it different from the factories is that you dont need a factory. Whatever solution is chosen, cubatoms should have a distinctly separate purpose, not as a redundant factory system.

Right now, cubatoms seem to be useful for: getting a small number of specialized blocks if a shop is out, say to get a core or components for a smaller ship, OR to get enough blocks to purchase recipes for factories (to make all the hardened purple hull corner you could dream of without flying to 100 shops).

I am not sure how the cubatom problem will be solved to make it a separate activity with separate purposes such as discussed above, while removing the tedious aspects of clicking or searching for items in the fabricate menu.

One easy way to limit the capability of cubatom so that it isn't an immediate replacement for factories (after the tedious nature is removed) would be to just have a heavy scaling down. Currently, everything can be made in pretty much a 2:1 ratio for ingredients to final product from splitting to fabrication of more basic materials. Just make it a higher ratio like 10:1 for each split and then it would require a ton more salvaging to get your blocks for recipes or whatever. (The idea of reduced returns from input to output could be implemented at the refine or fabricate processes in addition/instead of at the split process). I don't know that this would be a complete solution but it would be preferable to clicking or searching in a random list. Another idea in combination with this would be to reduce the efficiency of the cubatom splitting with larger ratios the more that you use it, or for it to burn out on splitting certain blocks after so many are split, so you have to find a different block to make the cubatom you want.

Reaction score
    Not requiring a factory block is quite simply a pointless difference with how easy it is to get a factory block.

I think these problems could be solved by just making an automated cubatom system as an alternative with factory blocks to using the recipes. Either have it use the current factory block in a special mode or a new block (or two). The tradeoff between cubatoms and recipes should be that recipes can be more efficient but cubatoms more predictable.

Nerfing the 2:1 ratio will just make the system worthless and push everything towards buying up 5000 from shop flybys and hoping the RNG recipes give you good recipes.

Reaction score
    Not requiring factory block is not pointless since you still need to get a recipe, power, and power tanks to use the factory, and even if you didn\'t it might be more convenient to cubatom if you dont have somewhere to put it down.

The split/refine/fab ratio would not be higher without also making the change to have more than one refine operation per click (and sort the fab list of course). If you could mass refine without doing anything to balance it, it makes the cubatom too powerful. The ratio would have to be balanced of course.

I was just trying to come up with simple solutions to eliminate the two worst things about using cubatom without making it over powered.

Reaction score
    Can anyone get a list of what to use to make stuff in the cheapest way possible.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There are so many cubatoms....

Just give them different values.

And then allow to split an item worth 150 credits into cubatoms worth 150 credits and refine new items worth 150 credits from them.

They are like ancient trade ressources. Copper < silver < gold. But you can\'t pay a single appel with a tiny tiny piece of gold - it is for bigger items.

Reaction score
    I don\'t even know how to use the bloody cubatum! It sounds good though. (world #1 off topic post)

Reaction score
    I like to use cubatoms on servers with ultra expensive blocks, like 50m credit build blocks, so i just make a few and get rich instantly.

On topic, I agree with both of your problems (random order and having to click lots when refining), but I have a bigger problem, which is that clicking on a cubatom in the split mode locks split mode onto the previously split block. The only way to unlock it is to exit.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    but I have a bigger problem, which is that clicking on a cubatom in the split mode locks split mode onto the previously split block. The only way to unlock it is to exit.

Now as you say it, I have that problem too.

I like to use cubatoms on servers with ultra expensive blocks, like 50m credit build blocks, so i just make a few and get rich instantly.

The-Rebel-Alliance server for example disabled them for that reason.

Though with that many credits per shop and compound hulls worth 12-30 million and current random shop prices (between 1x and 2.5x? 3x?) and buy with credits due to annoyance of having all blocks in your inv, it doesn\'t matter anyway.