electronic funds

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Credits in the SMU (starmade universe) are currently physical. This makes no sense as in real life, I don't carry cash anymore. It's all electronic. I can transfer money to anyone in the world with my phone just by knowing their email address. Why can't we transfer money to other players the same way in game? It's actually pretty nonsensical that we have to drop the into space right now. I understand needing to be physically present to do the same thing with blocks. There is a couple solutions for trading with blocks though. the first solution, and my personally preferred solution, have a new vending block. this block will have requirements set to activate it, after which it will activate another logic block, such as a docking module or a storage unit. This way you can sell things without being online all the time. The economy:fixed.

Another thing, credits being lost on death can be explained away by saying it's the price of being auto-dematerialized and electronically transferred across the universe back to your undeathinator.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Credits in the SMU (starmade universe) are currently physical. This makes no sense as in real life, I don't carry cash anymore. It's all electronic.
    I hate to say it, but: wrong.
    People still carry physical cash. Since not all shops everywhere support electronic transactions. Cash is generally accepted everywhere.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm not wrong. I personally do not carry cash anymore. EVERYTHING I buy is through electronic transactions. The only exception is the occasional person to person transaction, but even that is doable with a phone electronically.

The trend is toward electronic funds. There may come a day when physical cash in it's current form is obsolete. If there is any physical cash, it will be printed by the user with electronic info on it. It will be tied to electronic means. Yes, people still pay with cash, but if you graph cash usage per capita, you'll see it's dropping to the lowest levels in history.

This is a game set in a futuristic environment, this means that you gotta take what is expected to happen in the distant future and make it part of the game.

PS, I'm tired of people disagreeing just to be contrary, regardless of how right or wrong the person they are talking to actually is.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I guess I misread that as "people don't carry cash anymore", which is just a wrong fact. (And there is nothing I hate more than wrong facts)

Reactions: jath
    Reaction score
    All currency is physical at some point regardless if it is fiat, gold standard, credit, crypto currency

paper bills, coins, resources, ingots, rare gem, accounting ledgers, hard drives

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Fools!!!! Trade your worthless paper and electronic money for gold to bury in your backyard like I do.

.... And I agree - there should be a better and more versatile way to exchange credits between players in this game -- without the use of physical items. Even the title "credit" implies a non-physical system of currency.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Had to drop some money for someone in game the other day. Got stuck under the floor. No one with faction permission nearby, so it disappeared. 100million gone, just like that.

Reaction score
    On the server I play on they do have a electronic-like currency system.

~Toast