Ejection Block / Explosive Bolts

Reaction score
    I know this might be a bit difficult to attempt but it's still something that people might like at some point.

What I was thinking might be fun- and have received some support for in chat- is a sort of 'ejection' or 'explosive bolts' block. Triggered by either logic or a computer, anything attached to the face(s) of these would be kicked out as if hit by a very powerful push effect, sent flying from the ship it was attached to.

This could work for covers for systems, armor (should, when it be applied, you want to shed armor to make a quick escape) and... well, People who want to make escape pods and escape capsules and escape craft and such.

Discuss.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    System not changing the game but allowing more possibilities in building the ships and their reactiveness in certain conditions.

+1

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    We do not need "stages" in "rockets". If you need to do this, use a push pulse computer, and a logic system to undock then pulse after a delay.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Docked entities does not work as a part of the ship, but are either a docked not working ships or turrets living their own life. Also using such eject system wouldn't require placing plenty of weapon blocks, instead we would have a one use only (i guess that the eject block would be used on first use) system but giving bigger pushing effect.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Is this close to what you mean?

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    What about undocking a bomb and then launching it away with a pulsator?

Reaction score
    Can't this already be done with the bomb blocks by docking ships made of them?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Neat idea but yes it can be done with logic. Here is my little test which provided good speed and pushed the projectile in a straight line. Also, a neat feature of this set up is that it can be activated from inside the projectile aka escape pods.

In this test I have the dock linked to a activation module linked to a not-signal linked to a delay block(not necessary) then linked to the pulsar computer which has a beam slave.
    Another test to try would be to have a cannon slave and then triggering it multiple times in a row to give the projectile more boosts.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ejection block can't be entirely substituted with logic. Ejection block would i.e. allow to detach cockpit/core room from the ship and use it as an escape pod, so we would be able to rescue ourselves without leaving ship's core. Using docking module to work like that would leave us with 2 ships docked to each other and the ship we would be piloting would use systems placed only on one of them.

Same goes for the external hull/armor - shields would be stretched out on them.

Reaction score
    Thanks for all the replies! And yes, it -could- be done with logic, but wouldn't it be easier to do with say, a computer and a weapons' block rather than the fifteen or sixteen in the above examples?

(And sorry for the delay, work was kicking my ass.)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It certainly would be, maybe not as fun for us people who like messing around with logic though. :p